Sound f/x looking for music people associate with hell

Hello all. I have been following CB for a few years but have only now created an account.

I am currently setting up for a show and designing the audio, we are doing a comedy where we have a transition into hell (eg: curtain raises, red cycs, people screaming) and we then quickly switch to some mild elevator music. and change colours.

I have managed to find some music for the second part. (the song mainly has an xylaphone and crappy piano). I am looking for a tune that lasts for around 20 seconds that says "hell, Evil" I was thinking preferably using an organ.
Has anyone got any suggestions.
Cheers
Cal

Man, there was a perfect piece for that on Jet Moto II for playstation 1. The track did literally just that -- You raced through clouds with an underscore of harp and symphonic violin music, only to be plunged into the fiery depths of hell, where the soundtrack was replaced with electric guitar screemo type music with no lyrics. There's no organ or people screeming, but it still sounds pretty hellish to me ;). Playstation 1 discs can be played in most CD players (YMMV) and these are divided into two different tracks on the disk (one after the other). You might find it cheap on eBay. Just a thought!

Samples via YouTube:
Heaven:
Hell:

Here's a site where you can supposedly rip the music and download it straight to your computer.
http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/jet-moto-2-original-game-rip

Jet Moto 2 on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jet-Moto-2-Play...Item&pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item5638fe8b43

(I'm not sure of the copyright issues associated with using this music in a public performance).

Last edited:
Country music.

But seriously. What about the opening riff to "Devil Went Down to Georgia"? It's not hell exactly, more like just the devil (or the robot devil).

You mean other than Miley Cyrus?

Some sort of subtle hardcore/screamo music. Ooh. Try the second part of Underoath's Salmarnir from the Define The Great Line CD.

The Divine Comedy - Part 1 - The Inferno

You might have to crop out the parts you need, but it literally is meant to depict Dante going into hell.

The Divine Comedy - Part 1 - The Inferno

You might have to crop out the parts you need, but it literally is meant to depict Dante going into hell.

WOW!!!! That is HELL. I think I may use something like this. I only really need 1 minute as this is a short play we are doing.

What about "Night on Devil's Mountain" from Fantasia (the original)

Man, there was a perfect piece for that on Jet Moto II for playstation 1. The track did literally just that -- You raced through clouds with an underscore of harp and symphonic violin music, only to be plunged into the fiery depths of hell, where the soundtrack was replaced with electric guitar screemo type music with no lyrics. There's no organ or people screeming, but it still sounds pretty hellish to me ;). Playstation 1 discs can be played in most CD players (YMMV) and these are divided into two different tracks on the disk (one after the other). You might find it cheap on eBay. Just a thought!

Samples via YouTube:
Heaven:
Hell:
Here's a site where you can supposedly rip the music and download it straight to your computer.
Jet Moto 2 Original Game Rip MP3 - Download Jet Moto 2 Original Game Rip Soundtracks for FREE!

Jet Moto 2 on eBay:
Jet Moto 2 (PlayStation, PS1) + FREE Shipping! - eBay (item 370323393347 end time May-20-10 12:48:03 PDT)

(I'm not sure of the copyright issues associated with using this music in a public performance).
I nostalgia'd.

hard.

Verdi "Dies Irae" from the Requiem - you've heard it in horror film soundtracks

The earlier title mentioned should have been "Night on Bald Mountain" by Mussorgsky.

If you want just more look up Penderecki - Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima

There are lots of choices here.

If you need others, ask - if those aren't scary enough check your pulse

Phil

Last edited:
I second "Night on Bald Mountain" and the Verdi "Dies Irae". Also the fourth movement from Berlioz's "Symphonie Fantastique" which is a Witches' Sabbath, or maybe something from Gounod's "Faust" - there's a chunk with a choir of devils!

Simple. Anything by Kenny G! Sorry.... I couldn't resist.

(I work for a REAL jazz radio station, and the music hosts would rather die than play Mr. G)

Those Jet Moto Tracks bring back a lot of good memories...

I second the "Dies Irae." Another one that kind of says hell is "Daemon Irrepit Callidus." One of my favorites. It sounds very hellish on a recording where they took the tempo really fast.

Here it is a la youtube:

The band Sunn has a lot of good atmospheric music. Sin Nanna, Orthodox Caveman and Mocking Solemnity are worth checking out. The intro to Proclamation's Angel of Four Winds is very much a soundscape for hell that could work to your advantage though it's just under a minute. Both of these bands produce with lower quality because it works for their sound - might for you too ;)

Also check out Al Doilea Om by Negura Bunget - high production value and a really haunting piece. All of these are easy to find on Youtube and the albums they're from in Google Blog Search. Proclamation doesn't have any listenable version online - Google blog search it too if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back