The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Control/Dimming Looking for pinouts on EDI Scrimmerette II/DMX-Analog

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by laserodyssey, Jun 30, 2009.

1. laserodyssey

laserodyssey Member

Ive got a couple of EDI scrimmerette II dimmers and the control inputs consist of 8 spade pins (4 vert 4 horiz) and I'm not sure what the control voltage is.... Oldschool 0-10??? anybody got manuels?

2. laserodyssey

laserodyssey Member

dmx adaptor

need dmx converter from oldschool 8-pin on a EDI scrimmerette II

3. laserodyssey

laserodyssey Member

Re: dmx adaptor

Hi, I hadnt gotten that far yet. But IF they exist, I suppose I'm in the market. Do you know of specific manufacturers??? got reccommedations?? Do you know if the old EDI scrimmerette II 8-pin control is analog 0-10? (also, what is the proper name for that connector?) EDI online has no archive of manuels.... Do you know who does??

4. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  5. DimmerDotCom

DimmerDotCom Active Member

8 pins? Square connector. 4 pins horizontal and four vertical. If so that is a cinch jones connector. You are looking for a de-multiplexor I suppose (DMX to analog). Oh, let's see, DFD, JSI, EDI, ETC, PathWay, Dove, etc. Just about everyone and their brother makes one.

Maurice Garcia
    dimmer.com Home Page

6. NickJones

NickJones Active Member

Google DMX DeMux or DMX Mux converter. Pleanty out ther just have to find one for your dimmers. Try hooking up a multi-meter to your console. Chances are it will be 0-10v, the console may even have it written on the back.
    Nick

7. JD

JD Well-Known Member

As Derek said, it is 2 (black) to 7.6 (full on.) At about 8 or 9 volts, it will go black as the comparator will no longer cross the ramp.

From memory, pins 1 to 6 are the channels, the last two are phantom power and ground but you will have to check which is which because I forget! Just leave the power pin N/C.

Still have a few of those. The cost of those converters is a bit high, and you HAVE to get one that is designed for the 2-7.6v conversion and not 0-10V. DF [DougFleenorDesign] makes them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2009
  8. DimmerDotCom

DimmerDotCom Active Member

Maybe this only applies to the scrimmer IIa models that used 15 pin jones connectors, but check your control module. If there is a removeable plate held on by two screws there may be a switch that switches the pack from 2-7.6VDC to 0-10VDC. I know the IIa's have it, don't know about the plain jane II models. YOu can download tha manual from the dimmer.com web site under library.

Maurice Garcia
    dimmer.com Home Page