Looking for pipe and drape feet in Vermont

Defiant

Are there any resources for used equipment in Southern Vermont/Western Massachusetts?
We need to create temporary wings for an upcoming production and are on a limited budget.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

If the temp. wings don't need to move, at least during the show, I've used a short piece of 1-1/4" pipe and a flange screwed to the stage. You'll need to pad the pipe out with some wraps of gaf tape or similar, since there's ~3/16" of play with 1-1/4" pipe (and of course 1-1/2" is juuuust too big)

If the temp. wings don't need to move, at least during the show, I've used a short piece of 1-1/4" pipe and a flange screwed to the stage. You'll need to pad the pipe out with some wraps of gaf tape or similar, since there's ~3/16" of play with 1-1/4" pipe (and of course 1-1/2" is juuuust too big)
Perhaps one or two wooden wedges lightly tapped into the gaps would provide a solider fit than tape.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Perhaps one or two wooden wedges lightly tapped into the gaps would provide a solider fit than tape.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
That was my first thought, but the wedges only engaged with the P&D upright at the bottom, so it still wobbled (can't get at the joint to wedge it once the upright is in place, obvs.). The tape worked fine; there's a bit of play in the P&D uprights even on the OEM bases. Maybe some shims cut from .125 wall 1-1/4 PVC would work? If the P&D pipes aren't a rental, I suppose you could wedge at the bottom and run some sheet metal screws through the upright to stabilize it a foot up or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back