The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

looking for round wire shoes

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by ship, Dec 16, 2008.

1. ship

ship Senior Team Emeritus Premium Member

Ever see something like this before? Can't figure out who makes/supplies such a thing.

Used to be on old school E-26 and P-28s lamp bases in the early 70’s when they started making sockets that had removable screws. Also used at times I think on stage pin terminal screws up until the late 80’s for a different brand than Bates or Union.

#8 stud center and 14-16ga. Works like a ferrule, but the wire twists around the screw & is encased in the cup. Mostly used on older high wattage lamp sockets. Looks like mine is tinned copper or brass, normally I just see them without the tinning. OD is just under 7/16”

Did a bit of searching in the past, best I can come up with is a McMaster 93720a015 brass cup washer used in combination with a brass washer. Little more heavy duty than I like in not really conforming like a ferrule around the wire. Plus a bit bigger than useful.

Anyone know of a source for them? Got some 2K scoops that need a closer tolerance than a ht. ring terminal will allow for and need these. thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008