looking for something

soundop

hey im looking for some cheap accu spots to hang form the celling in my room so i have a fun toy when my friends come over any one know where i can find some

no any small moving spot will work

If you're looking for low price, i'd go with scanners. Something like the AMDJ pocket scan or some of the Novascan V-250-1's. I think that ESC sells them on eBay for under $200.

If you really want the moving head capability, the cheapest that I can find is three hundred dollars, and that's quite a bit. Buts so are the scanners.

If you want to collect some amazement effects, get some used AMDJ stuff off eBay for cheap, and you'll be good to go. And you can get a cheap, small dmx controller and a few three pin lines if you don't want to use the built-in mode. But whatever you get, it'll cost quite a bit, considering the average teenager's budget...I've been in that predicament before...

On second thought, you might get some par16's (also called birdie lights) and a chase/effects box and some dark gels, and that'd probably all go for the price of just one moving light.

PAR16
Control System
and if that control system's too expensive, this dimmer will do stand-alone chasing/patterns, and if you get more money later, you can get a dmx controller to go with it.
dimmer pack

Just make sure that you check the power ratings for the bulbs on whatever light you get because if you overload the circuit(s), your parents won't be too happy!!!!

ok thanks-the npa sczn sounds great but im looking for ones that have soft ware you can hook the light into your comp. and program shows

soundop said:
hey im looking for some cheap accu spots to hang form the celling in my room so i have a fun toy when my friends come over any one know where i can find some

Realize that these things are not designed to be used in a residential setting. This isn't the smartest thing to do if you don't know what you're doing when it comes down to getting the fixtures mounted and wired. Be wary of any curtains or other drapery you have in your room as well...

soundop said:
ok thanks-the npa sczn sounds great but im looking for ones that have soft ware you can hook the light into your comp. and program shows

Do a search on the numerous threads here and elsewhere regarding pc based dmx control.

ok-by the way do they make smaller versions for residential settings?

Most architectural lighting - even moving light type or to some extent club lights should not cause problems in a household situation. This all given temperatures and RF noise are the main problems with doing production quality S&S or other performormance lighting in one's house or otherwise in a small setting where a number of occupents are fed off the same power supply.

Keep the things away from your windows also or you will have the aircraft landing light security people and local code search light permit people on your rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back