*looks eagerly around*

Adek

Hello!

I was wandering the wide, wide web that is the internet and stumbled across this site. So, in a flurry of feverish keyboard clicks, I signed up. And after reading some things I decided to do the right thing and say HI to everyone. I'm currently in a high-school stagecraft class and am VERY interested in everything...lol. So...I must run off to the nearest link and fill my brain with theatre knowledge.

Ciao. :D

well howdy! im sure the welcome wagon will be along soon. glade you could join us.

Adek said:
So...I must run off to the nearest link and fill my brain with theatre knowledge.

thats very easy to do around here

welcome to CB

Hey yes, here is the previously mentioned welcome wagon (just abit over my 1 hour response time :-( shame shame).

Welcome to Controlbooth.com! If you are interested in everything stage related, I think you have found the right place! Be sure to browse arround and jump in on conversations, dont hold back b/c you dont think you have enough experience, you probably have just as much experinence if not more then the rest of us (you are at least in a stagecraft class, there is no such thing where I come from!)

Might I suggest using the "posts since last visit" feature if you want to jump in on the most recent and active topics, but also feel free to dig arround and comment and/or inquire about older posts too!

once again:
Welcome to Controlbooth.com!

-the Official Welcome Wagon (part 1)

Thanks. :) I will try and see if anyone else in my class is interested in this forum. Unfortunately many people in the class think that it is a good "skip" class...but I'll cease grumbling.

find a place to run sound or lights or something inyour town and get to konw people there. Having someone else to work with, when both of you are learning and challgening each other "hey man, did you read about..." "no, but did you read about..." that's a big help.

and here on CB, read Ship's posts twice. They are usually very long, and sometimes had to understand. Read them twice. He's one dude here where you can learn alot of the finer technical things from, if you will take the time to read his posts. Not that other people here don't know as much, but Ship knows alot and writes alot :) welcome to CB and enjoy yourself here!

JahJahwarrior said:
read Ship's posts twice. They are usually very long, and sometimes had to understand. Read them twice. He's one dude here where you can learn alot of the finer technical things from, if you will take the time to read his posts. Not that other people here don't know as much, but Ship knows alot and writes alot :)
Ok, that's enough of that crap in scaring people away. One would think I'm Bill Sapsis or someone of note as opposed to just another tech person amongst many good ones here and in the industry.

My posts have no more use than anyone elses and should not be read with any more opinion of than the rest of the voices expressed. Theater is a art all take part in. Technical theater is one where you listen to those with more experience but also stand by what you know or think in being perfectly right in challenging what is known to be right - until proven otherwise and learn from it. No better way to revolutionize or learn on both art where many ideas can be right or tech where many ideas can be out there for way to do it, as long as the goal is the same. Always question if not bring new voices to authority. Never get intimidated by doing so either as there is no better way to feel free in asking.

Welcome to the forum and answer, ask and challenge or find out more about what ever you wish from not one but all of us. No better way to learn than collectively. I can think of some high school students that took me back to school on video production etc. No one voice is correct that is why it's a forum.

Hope it helps as all of us do.

Welcome. There's a lot of good people in here. I've learned a lot already from them.

no, not that Ship is the final answer on things, almost everyone here can help , and can help alot! But, some people ( it'd be a really long list of people) do happen toh ave more experience and knowledge than others. They can still be wrong, they can still llearn, but lots of people have alot they can teach, and Ship is one of those people. And not only is he one of those people, but he writes alot in his posts :) I know that he has some job in the industry, so he knows all sorts of names and numbers of things, Mayhem is in the industry too, I believe he owns his own rental gear shop, but he's in Australia, if my memory is correct. He knows alot too, but some of the things will be different because he is in another country with different voltage and things like that. I do not intend to say only read what ship writes--this forum is a forum, and everyone brings something to the table. But, he's a good one to listen to if you are bored and want to cram knowledge into your skull :) read the question oof the day posts. Even if you don't know any answers to them, you can learn from what other people write and what the real answer is. Only one or two have made any sense to me, and even then I've gotten them wrong, but I have learned to think through problems better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back