Lost show control - ETC Expression3

Steve Butcher

Hi. We have a show tomorrow night and - wouldn't you know it - our lights will not work! Full show programmed and...nothing! Here's what I know:

1. I can activate the dimmers manually (the button on the dimmers), so that's not the issue.
2. I can control the dimmers via MPX via our old board. But, I can't control them via DMX via the old board. That led me to believe it was a problem with the DMX cable (which I only have 1 5-pin cable, so can't test this).

BUT

3. I have moving lights connected to outputs 2 and 3 as well and neither of them are working.

Is there some reason all of the Expression 3 (800) outputs would have quit working? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It could be so many things, some easy, others complex. Call ETC Tech Services at 800/688-4116 and have them help you diagnose and solve the problem.

Be sure to come back here and let us know the outcome.

One of my assumptions would be that the DMX output and speed settings may have gotten screwed up (or patching for that matter), but certainly call ETC first, since this could be easily fixed by somebody with the right documents at their disposal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back