Lovely Rigging

If only he were hanging kayaks over a car in a garage rather than 200 lbs of Christie projector over people.

Well, they're rated for 100lbs a piece, so it must have been fine if he had more than one, right? What more could you ask for?

I love that they're bluetooth controlled... it's like a contest to see which clever audience member can be the first to crash the heavy, expensive electronic thing into the floor! (...or scenery, audience member, etc.) Oooh! bonus points if you use 3-4 of them so they could change the focus of the projector by raising or lowering them independently!

Yes they used 4 of them. It’s hung outside on goalposts with 4 vipers aswell shooting at rocks “boulders” poolside.

I’ll take a final picture when I walk back that way.

AE4E1BA0-EA5B-4E81-98F4-2F8A58DFBDA6.jpeg
534867D5-4A6C-4768-9BE6-B80628780B08.jpeg
84134524-9E49-45A2-A14C-D8A0CC88F487.jpeg

I'm wondering how big the bases are for those uprights? Did they add guy wires?

No guy wires. On 3ft squares with sandbags. They did safety it after I and others said something.

The reason those winches are questionable imo is because they are on 1/8th inch gac.

It’s also on a hill.

As far as aiming it yes it’s nice for that but all that could of been done with keystone and the pipes under hung.

No guy wires. On 3ft squares with sandbags. They did safety it after I and others said something.

The reason those winches are questionable imo is because they are on 1/8th inch gac.

It’s also on a hill.

As far as aiming it yes it’s nice for that but all that could of been done with keystone and the pipes under hung.
Well, I believe the new ETC Flypipe uses 1/8" wire rope.

Just for reference 1/8” gac has a breaking strength of 2000lbs 8:1 DF for running rigging, so a WLL of 250 pounds.

The gac might be rated for 250 but the “clip” that they(the manufacturer) put at the end of it was cheap Chinese written all over it.

Forgot to mention the winch said don’t do overhead lifting sticker on it.

Either way it was an interesting day from start to finish.

The gac might be rated for 250 but the “clip” that they(the manufacturer) put at the end of it was cheap Chinese written all over it.

Forgot to mention the winch said don’t do overhead lifting sticker on it.

Either way it was an interesting day from start to finish.

Yet the application they sell it for is overhead lifting of small personal watercraft. Mmmmkay.

Fleet angle on the 'winches' is bad. This is a stupid application of a Suzy homemaker products.

By no means was I condoning the use. I was just saying the wire rope is likely ok for the load. I say likely only because we don’t know anything about it.

Likely, it will make it through the gig, so that whomever is in charge will believe that this is a safe setup. Sigh.

Yeah it was only a 2 day event. And there were no reports of it failing. So look to the future for this to pop up in a corporate event near you.

It was a metal of some sort.

And a lift next to the pool would of looked aweful.
They could of just under hung the pipe at the angle they wanted and just keystoned the projector. But Ce la vie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back