Low lying fogger double as normal fogger?

Hey guys,
I looked around and couldn't seem to find anything to answer my question about this..

So my fogger just broke and I am in need of a new one. I do a lot of low lying effects as well. As of late I have just been using my fog chiller and running my fog through that...It works...ok....but not great. I have heard that you can use a low lying fogger as a normal fogger as well? All you do is just don't add the ice?

Will this work? It would be nice to kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks!

Well, not knowing exactly what equipment you're using, it's going to be a little difficult to answer your question.

That said, my ground fogger, CITC's Polar Controller will only work as a ground fogger. The fogger works just fine without the chiller in use, but comes out the vents instead of the fog spout/hose, making it essentially uncontrollable.

Last edited:
The Antari Low Lying Chiller/Foggers will double as a standard fogger, but the diffusion is a little funky when it works this way. There tends to be a little blowback toward the operator in this mode.

I'm not going to be able to afford anything really good, I'm talkin' this kinda stuff..Nothing special, but will work for my needs.

400 Watt "Low Rider" Ice Fog Machine

If you're buying or renting from a local dealer, you may be able to arrange for a product demonstration. Then you'll be able to see for yourself whether or not the fogger will meet your needs.

We had similar needs and purchsed a LeMaitre fogger and a Rosco Cold Flow unit. The Cold Flow (CF) uses CO2 and is fairly inexpensive to operate, much less so than comparable dry ice costs. In addition, I can have CO2 cannisters delivered and picked up weekly.Obviously when we don't want low lying we only use the LeMaitre. In addition, LeMaitre sells a special "low lying" fog juice that works extremely well.

What we did at uni for our latest show (We did it because a actual low fogger was out of the question for various reasons) anyways, we got a normal fogger and put heavy fluid into it (Cant remember exactly what fluid) From there made an attachment that it sat on, it pushed the smoke down and through a modifyed esky of ice, when i wanted low fog the SM just shifted the PVC pipe to attach to the outlet of the Fogger

I will attach pics later if you would find this helpful

We had similar needs and purchsed a LeMaitre fogger and a Rosco Cold Flow unit. The Cold Flow (CF) uses CO2 and is fairly inexpensive to operate, much less so than comparable dry ice costs. In addition, I can have CO2 cannisters delivered and picked up weekly.Obviously when we don't want low lying we only use the LeMaitre. In addition, LeMaitre sells a special "low lying" fog juice that works extremely well.

This is exactly what we do, in fact I'm using the CO2 route in a show right now. I've saved a lot of money from switching from Dry Ice to CO2. I think dry ice gives a much better low lying fog personally however the cost savings make the difference worth it to go with CO2 for myself. I'm not sure on the cost difference across the country though between the CO2 and Dry Ice options so make sure to look into that before deciding which way to go.

Hey guys,
I looked around and couldn't seem to find anything to answer my question about this..

So my fogger just broke and I am in need of a new one. I do a lot of low lying effects as well. As of late I have just been using my fog chiller and running my fog through that...It works...ok....but not great. I have heard that you can use a low lying fogger as a normal fogger as well? All you do is just don't add the ice?

Will this work? It would be nice to kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks!

I use have a LaMaitre LSG MK II Low lying chiller with a G3000 Fogger. The G3000 can be used as a regular fogger, as well as a hazer with out the LSG. The LSG requires a Liquid CO2 CGI "dewar" tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back