Mixers/Consoles LS9-32 and Yamaha Studio Manager Issues

Dejoux

Hi, im a high school senior and Ive been having trouble with getting my crew's LS9-32 and Yamaha Studio Manager to agree with each other. ive got the ls9 set up with a wireless router so i can control it with a laptop from various places. Before i get into this, i have read the entire "Problems with Yamaha Studio Manager for LS9-32" thread several times and it has helped some but not enough. so if anyone has any additional information, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Ive had this setup working for at least 2 years now, but every now and then (especially when we break down, clean out and set back up), the console and the software have a disagreement. this time, Ive gone through pretty much all of the steps, but im not getting to where i need to be. Ive re downloaded the network driver several times, matched the IP, subnet, mac address and Midi port. Ive pinged the console with command prompt and Ive gotten all 4 pings back, 0% loss. ive gone through all the setups with Studio manager, remapping midi ports, modified workspace, adjusted midi settings and all that jazz. when i launch the ls9 software, i go through and i setup the input/output ports to the ls9. the problem is when i go to sync. i sync from console>pc and i get to about 30% and i get:

"Failure [Parameter out of range error (-1)][26 sec]"

i can control the board and make changes in real time, but when it gets to the scene load portion of the sync, it stops. so everything looks like the default and not how it would appear if it had synced properly.

the past few days have been very frustrating, downloading new drivers, firmwares, software, scouring forums and countless hours of trial and error. Any help with this would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Thanks!

if by computer you mean the DME-N Network Driver, yes. The computer itself, id have to check. but i used the computer to ping the console and it came back all 4 times

I'm pretty sure you need to give each device a different IP address. Can you give them all different IP addresses and see what happens?

Addresses are like addresses two spaces can't share one.

Must have different IP addresses, but must be able to see each other (i.e., on the same subnet, and of course on the same physical network). Most times subnet masks are 255.255.255.0, meaning the first three octets of the address must match, e.g. 192.168.73.

If your computer had the same IP address as the LS9, when you ping from the computer, it would just be pinging localhost, i.e. the computer. Your computer, if windows XP or greater should have warned you if there was another device on the network with the same IP address if they were connected through a router.

-Sent from my HP Touchpad

Try calling Yamaha tech Support directly 1-866-211-9366. I have always found them to be a great help when I have need them.

~Dave

The laptop at the theater always remembers everything - it connects and syncs to the LS9 properly when I fire up the console and laptop. My personal laptop always dumps the MIDI port information, and I have to remember the two places that need fixin' to make it work again. I'd like to figure this out.

OK. so here's the data. i took pictures of everything and it'd be nice if i could have just uploaded them but whatever:

On the Console:

IP Address: 192.168.1.100
Gateway Address: 192.168.1.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Mac Address: 00 A0 DE 25 E8 87

On The Laptop:

IP Address: 192.168.1.105
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.2

In the DME-N Network Driver:

Device Name: LS9
Device IP Address: 192.168.1.100
Device Mac Address: 00 A0 DE 25 E8 87
Device Port No.: 1

Everything is all set up within the Studio Manager Software and the sync process is still stopping at 30% with the error:

Failure [Parameter out of range error (-1)][21 sec]

once again, i had pictures of all of them but i guess i cant post them on this forum so.. any help would be good. Thanks!

Try setting the IP address of your console to 192.168.1.101. After skimming through the DME-N manual it appears that the valid range of addresses is ***.***.***.1 through ***.***.***.254 anything outside of that range such as ***.***.***.0 would be an out of range parameter and would explain the error you are having.

@65535: thanks!!! I'll try it out when I go in tomorrow! And your right, that would make sense.

@bishopthomas: I'm not sure, but I can check it out tomorrow, thanks!

I believe the router and console should be the same IP and the computer should be one digit off. Honestly, I always have problems with setting up the wireless on Yamaha digitals and have to tinker quite a bit to get it happening. But once it's set it's rock solid. We've mixed simple shows with just the stage box and iPad before with no problems.

Yeah usually it works great, but whenever we tear out our foh setup for cleaning, training, etc. it does this and it's difficult to get it working again.

IP addresses are unique to the device and can't be shared.

IP addresses are unique to the device and can't be shared.
A lesson learned the hard way after myself, the Contractor and Allen & Heath spent hours tracking down why the iLive-144 work surface would intermittently lock up. The Contractor and I finally realized that the iLive-144 and the SSL AWS 900+ used for the recording system had the same default IP address. All the audio system was networked and everything would work fine until you turned on the SSL, at which point the iLive work surface would lock up due to the IP conflict that created.

A lesson learned the hard way after myself, the Contractor and Allen & Heath spent hours tracking down why the iLive-144 work surface would intermittently lock up. The Contractor and I finally realized that the iLive-144 and the SSL AWS 900+ used for the recording system had the same default IP address. All the audio system was networked and everything would work fine until you turned on the SSL, at which point the iLive work surface would lock up due to the IP conflict that created.

The worst part is with so many possible addresses a conflict is one of the last things one might check for unless they had it happen to them.

Me I'm an analog kind of guy, patch all day and all night. XLR, 1/4" and bantam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back