LS9 Scene Changes

Dontknow

Hello all,

I recently purchased an LS9. Its our first digital mixer and I love the scene memory. Problem im having however is that different scenes have different 48v turned on in different channels. So every time we change a scene we hear the extremely loud pop from the 48v turning on and off. Wondering if anyone has a solution to change a scene and not have the pop occur every time. Maybe a way to mute all the channels until the scene change is complete? Thanks in advance for all replies!

The issue is that we have different instruments plugged into different channels in different groups. So sometimes a channel needs 48v other times it doesn't. We (if possible) want to be able to not have to switch them every time a new group plays. I did read the user manual already and if im understanding it correctly, recall safe lets you not recall a setting when you recall the scene. Thats not what i want. Im hoping that it mutes or something when i switch the scene. Hopefully i missed something in the manual?

If you are using dynamic mics or direct boxes, there is no harm in leaving the phantom power on to all sources even if they don't need it to operate. If a source has a problem with phantom, it probably shouldn't be connected except through a direct box. More harm is done by switching phantom on and off than just leaving it on. The only time I worry about turning off phantom is when using a vintage RCA ribbon mic.

Recall safe is what you want... Turn on +48v in your first scene, turn on recall safe for the +48v and between scenes every other paramater can change but phantom will stay on until you decide to turn it off. Basically recall safe on makes any change universal through the entire console independent of any scene preset you make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back