LSC Axiom 36

Hughesie

Today our fantastic good old lighting desk died. It gave us 13 years of service and today upon start up began to flash all its lights, after "zero'ing" the desk many times and calls to repair departments the desk was declared dead:evil:

And that is my story

Our show is currently running off a Jands Hog 500. Every now and then it will have a glitch on start-up after which it displays the following message:

"I'm sorry. I've croaked."

Performing a clean start and reloading the show from disk clears up the error, but the first time our programmer saw this message, she was dumbstruck. How else is one supposed to respond when confronted with a smart mouthed lighting console?:rolleyes:

I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Our show is currently running off a Jands Hog 500. Every now and then it will have a glitch on start-up after which it displays the following message:

"I'm sorry. I've croaked."

Performing a clean start and reloading the show from disk clears up the error, but the first time our programmer saw this message, she was dumbstruck. How else is one supposed to respond when confronted with a smart mouthed lighting console?:rolleyes:

Sounds like something that should be coming from a Frog board...

I admit, I would be dumbstruck as well.

I'm fairly sure that is Hog's standard error message--- Check the manual. I remember something about that, but I'm definately still learning as far as Hog goes.

That is the standard hog error message. One of my other favorites is when i believe it was the grand-ma said to please fire you tech, this message is displayed after a light has sent an error message to the console for the third time.

I think it was Strand Century Light Palette V6E, that when it crashed would fill both screens with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...

This was also the first console to ask "Are you Sure?" when the user requested a major operation (deleting a cue, recording to disk, etc.).

513@100%

I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

I know when we zero'd the axiom we had it told us

"give me a moment while i do my thing"
and not so theatre related there is a wireless internet modem that during its start up procedure tells you "your turning me on"

Has anyone watched a Showgun's LCD display during startup/cal?

That is the standard hog error message. One of my other favorites is when i believe it was the grand-ma said to please fire you tech, this message is displayed after a light has sent an error message to the console for the third time.
Okay I'm confused. Why was the console telling you to fire a tech?

Thouht I think if consoles ever developed AI the Hog II we used for a couple of shows last year would have told us to fire our LD-- he could (and usually would) program so fast the console would freeze up. I guess it is possible to be too good (he usually uses hog III or the like)

Oh I get it-- the programmer sent a bad command to the light. I thought you were saying a light was broken and the board was blaming the operator.
No, the fixture has reported the same error to the console (and operator) three times. Thus the console was telling the operator to fire the ML tech. Perhaps we'll see this "feature" when/if ACN is fully implemented.:rolleyes:

Re the Jands... Gotta love Doug Ford and friends when they ran Jands R&D...
Look at the circuit boards in various pieces of (slightly older) Jands equipment for some quiet smiles...

In new equipment, I'm told that MA have replaced the "enter" button on the GrandMA 2 with a "please" button...

Pull it apart, clean it, spray some electrical contact cleaner around and I'll bet it'll come back strong.

We had been using a LSC Focal with Master Wing from 1972 which is still going, although it needs a good pull-apart. We also have, still going strong, a LSC Precept (LSC's first computerised lighting board).

LSC make very solid lighting desks. We currently have a maXim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back