LSG G300 Problems

I am running 2 LSG low fog machines with 350lb dewars and molecular fluid. The problem I am having is the output is very weak and dissipates to quickly. When the shows we're first put up the effect was fine, good thick white low fog that filled the stage now we're getting more of a haze. The hoze is connected to the liquid, the operation is through DMX so nothing has changed there as the show is pre programmed. The only factor I know has changed is the theatre is a little hotter due to air conditioning issues. The fog pipe goes under the stage and floor pockets are used just off stage both left and right. If anyone can give me any suggestions or help on how to get the proper effect working again it would be greatly appreciated. We are going to try long lasting fluid but don't know whether that will help
Cheers
Craig

I am running 2 LSG low fog machines with 350lb dewars and molecular fluid. The problem I am having is the output is very weak and dissipates to quickly. When the shows we're first put up the effect was fine, good thick white low fog that filled the stage now we're getting more of a haze. The hoze is connected to the liquid, the operation is through DMX so nothing has changed there as the show is pre programmed. The only factor I know has changed is the theatre is a little hotter due to air conditioning issues. The fog pipe goes under the stage and floor pockets are used just off stage both left and right. If anyone can give me any suggestions or help on how to get the proper effect working again it would be greatly appreciated. We are going to try long lasting fluid but don't know whether that will help
Cheers
Craig

Quite possibly, you need to clean your pipes. A lot of times, when fog fluid is pushed through pipes for distro, the fluid will begin to condense on the inner walls of the pipe. This sets up a cascading failure of the fog system due to the wonderful world of "Molecular Cohesion". Once some fluid < glycol / glycerin> and water condense on the walls of the pipe they will begin to attract more molecules of water/glycol to them due to the process of Osmosis, the tendency of water to move from a less dense area to a more dense area. Solution? Pull you pipes, clean them out extremely well, possibly treat them with WD-40 before replaceing them. If possible wrap them in some form of pipe insulation. Prior to perfomance run a bit of distilled water through your fogger and into the pipes, this will "preheat" the pipes cutting down on the amount of condesation happening. It's also a good idea to clean out the fog machines every couple of shows anyway. If you notice output from the tubes starting to decrease again, repeat the cleaning proceedure. I bet you'll be amazed at the amount of fog fluid which runs out the end of the pipe when you go to drain/clean it. Hope that Helps.
Cheers!:mrgreen:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back