LSoH - Audrey 2 Build

Greg M

After several years of subtle persuasion, I finally convinced my daughter's Musical Theater teacher to take on Little Shop! I have always wanted to build the props for this play. I am currently in the research phase, trying to find any information I can on how folks have approached this. I know it would probably be easier to rent, but we are really looking forward to the experience of building our own.

So far I've gathered that pods 1 and 2 will be basic foam construction. Looks like pods 3 and 4 may be fiber glass construction to try to keep weight down.

Really looking for any guidance or reference materials that anyone may know of. Thanks in advance!

No to the Fiberglass! That will quadruple your weight. #3&4 should be built using EVA or polyurethane foam and Rattan < for traditionalists> or Carbon fiber/fiberglass rods.

Try looking at "caning" supplies. Also many Garden centers will stock Rattan and Bamboo pieces to be used for shoring up plants.

Wanted to show off our final results! We managed to connect up with Puppeteer John E Kennedy and used foam to craft these amazing plants. I did the paint jobs and sculpted the teeth! It was an amazing performance! Sad that it's over, but a dream come true to have been able to work on this! First play I ever saw as a kid and my favorite movie musical!

Attachments

• IMG_2779.JPG
    IMG_2779.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_2914.JPG
    IMG_2914.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_2928.JPG
    IMG_2928.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_3034.JPG
    IMG_3034.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_2990.JPG
    IMG_2990.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_3083.JPG
    IMG_3083.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_6987.JPG
    IMG_6987.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 254
Wanted to show off our final results! We managed to connect up with Puppeteer John E Kennedy and used foam to craft these amazing plants. I did the paint jobs and sculpted the teeth! It was an amazing performance! Sad that it's over, but a dream come true to have been able to work on this! First play I ever saw as a kid and my favorite movie musical!
These puppets turned out great!! Our community theatre is tackling little shop this winter and I am in charge of the Audrey 2s. Any info you could provide on your build would be much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back