Lycian Midget II

highschooltech

Has any one used the Lycian Midget II? If so, what did you think of it?
Its price is almost too attractive so i would like to know some stuff about it.

I have a Lycian 1209 and love it. Haven't used the Midget II but there is a good deal of information in this review:
http://www.churchproduction.com/go.php/article/959
From what I can see, it gives you 59fc at 100 feet, which is pretty high for a 750 Quartz spot. Price does look yummy! (a very technical term) ;)

I haven't used them before, but I am familiar with Lycian fixtures they are very good. The fixture you mention is probably very similar to the Altman Comet or 1000Q which are very good, simple, follow spots.

Last edited:
Whatever you decide to buy, please maintain it.
There's almost nothing I hate more than a squeaky follow spot.

I haven't used them before, but I am familiar with Lycian fixtures they are very good. The fixture you mention is probably very similar to the Altman Comet or 1000Q which are very good, simple, follow spots.

Interestingly enough those are the other contenders.

I have used the Midget HP many times, and they are a pretty killer fixture. Never used the midget II, looks like a pretty entry level fixture. If it is built like anything else lycian makes, you should be buying a pretty high quality fixture. I am not crazy about quartz lamps in spots, but they do sell them for the right price compared to HMI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back