LYTEmode Controller: Need advice

Jeremiah

Hey Guys. Ok, so I recently convinced my boss to let me install some new work lights on our stage so that we can stop using our old strip lights as work lights, and free up some batton space. After doing so I went to program the new setup into our Lightolier LYTEmode DMX controller. Which is basically just used to turn on work lights and house lights for rehearsals and janitorial staff, nothing fancy.

What I didn't realize is how complicated it would be. So far I understand, from reading the manual, how to do just about everything. Except the one thing I really need it to do. Turn on a light. Now from what I can tell, I need to program a binary value for the dimmer channels that I want to use. This is where my overall problem comes in.

What mode do I need to be in, in order to program the appropriate dimmers into the controller?

Or more simply put, How do I get the lights I want to turn on?

Does any one have any experience using these controllers?

Here is a copy of the manual. Please let me know if I'm just being an idiot and missing something.

Thanks

View attachment LYTEmode Manual.pdf

By wiring into the stuff that I already have, are you asking if I'm plugging my lights into the dimmers that are already programmed into the controller?
If so, then the answer is no.

And I haven't added any more dimmers to my rack either, if that is what you are asking.

I am wanting to program 5 new dimmers into the controller so that I can create new scenes/submasters and remove the previously recorded ones.

By wiring into the stuff that I already have, are you asking if I'm plugging my lights into the dimmers that are already programmed into the controller?
If so, then the answer is no.

And I haven't added any more dimmers to my rack either, if that is what you are asking.

I am wanting to program 5 new dimmers into the controller so that I can create new scenes/submasters and remove the previously recorded ones.

OK, How many dimmers total do you have. Are you removing dimmers from the controller and adding others? To program scenes, use three. To program subs use four. Are you using a single controller or several for more channels? It is possible to wipe everything to factory and start again. I don't suggest you do that until you are sure you can program something. I would suggest try changing something in the existing subs, adding or subtracting a single dimmer on a sub.

I have 132 dimmers. Editing the scenes /submasters would be fine, or deleting those scenes/subs would also be fine. But i can't find a clear explanation any where in the manual of how to do any of that. I'm using one controller, and I would prefer to not have to reset it back to factory setting's simply so that I don't also have to go through the process of assigning ID's to the controller.

The first thing I would do is determine if the pad is locked, pg thirty will give you that information. It looks like the easiest way to do it is to hook an actual board to it, set it to DMX-thru mode, set the scene on the board, then capture it using the wall controller. The same could be done to capture subs. i would do subs so you don't have to set fade times. If you do do scenes and all you want to do is turn on the work lights, double tap the on button. Pushing on once engages the fade time, twice is a bump on. The same for turning it off.

If I need to hook the board into the panel, I'm not sure I have that capability. Unless there is a DMX port on the back of the panel that I'm supposed to go through.... But I don't think that there is. hmmmmm

Would I need to actually hook the board up to the panel itself, or just use the board to get the look I want and then record using the wall panel?

I believe you just use the board to get the look you want and then record it from your panel, just make sure you are in DMX-thru mode. Again I would recond it as subs not scenes.
I have not actually used this equipment, I am just interpreting from the manual.

Awesome! It worked! Thanks for your help, I still can't believe it was that simple. The manual was so vague about it.
Certainly not the best written manual I have ever read. I'm glad I could help and I can understand why you were having trouble. I work in a hall that has some crazy houselight system that only a few people are allowed to touch. To set a house look you have to set five different controls panels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back