Control/Dimming M-PC wont enable ENTTEC Pro

So I have my ENTTEC hooked up to my PC,

When I open ENTTEC UBS Utility test program and have to enable to DMX to test it but then I can control the lights through the Utility Test Program.

I then move to M-PC and it will not send DMX, if I disable it in the Utility the LED on the ENTTEC light will not blink but I can also leave it enabled and it will keep blinking but will still not have any controle.

M-PC sees the ENTTEC like it comes up in the DMX Settings screen but will not do anything.

Basically I need to enable the ENTTEC through M-PC but do not know how to do that.

Did you do everything in this video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you followed that and it still doesn't work I would start looking through your patch and see if you missed something.

Hi guys,

trying to get my M-PC to enable and send DMX to my ENTTEC DMXUSB PRO but it won't. M-PC can see it but will not send DMX to it. I can get the ENTTEC to run dmx through the utility program so thats not the problem. Any help would be amazing!

Thanks,
Tay

I had the same issue with other software, it would work with the Enttec utility but other lighting software couldn't control it. Turns out the newest FTDI driver that the Enttec uses does not work with most lighting software. You need to force windows to use an older driver, I have found the older driver from year 2012 works fine. It's a little tricky to force Windows to use this older driver as it doesn't like to go back. Also keep in mind that FTDI does put it's updated drivers into Windows update so make sure it doesn't update itself in the future.

Have you experienced the conflict with both virtual serial ports and D2XX? I've not seen any problems, but my Enttec devices are older. They do run fine with Windows 10 and my software, however. Just concerned it's something to watch for.

Have you experienced the conflict with both virtual serial ports and D2XX? I've not seen any problems, but my Enttec devices are older. They do run fine with Windows 10 and my software, however. Just concerned it's something to watch for.

I haven't seen that issue however I have had the driver issue with newer Enttec devices such as the Pro Mk2 as well as older, even the Chamsys wing which also uses the FTDI chip had the problem. I think certain lighting software just doesn't know how to talk to the new drivers properly. I would keep your working driver backed up just in case Windows decides to update it, you could always roll back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back