Control/Dimming MA3D Not connecting with MA2 Console

a.jenner

This is driving me so crazy that it finally made me make an account here, so apologies for the newness and if this happens to be in the wrong forum.

I am running MA3D on a Mac through bootcamp and have an MA2 Light console. The MA3D sees the session that the console has created but will not join it. I have been staring at that sad, little, broken heart for what feels like days (hours really) and I am at my wits end. Both IP addresses are the same, the 3D tab under Network Configuration has the Session Member as "Yes" and the user is "administrator".

The silly thing says the connection is Fast and both the MAC and the Console can see each other, they just won't connect!!

I haven't had a problem like this before but this is my first time running MA3D off of a bootcamped MAC so Maybe I've done something wrong there...

Please help.

This is driving me so crazy that it finally made me make an account here, so apologies for the newness and if this happens to be in the wrong forum.

I am running MA3D on a Mac through bootcamp and have an MA2 Light console. The MA3D sees the session that the console has created but will not join it. I have been staring at that sad, little, broken heart for what feels like days (hours really) and I am at my wits end. Both IP addresses are the same, the 3D tab under Network Configuration has the Session Member as "Yes" and the user is "administrator".

The silly thing says the connection is Fast and both the MAC and the Console can see each other, they just won't connect!!

I haven't had a problem like this before but this is my first time running MA3D off of a bootcamped MAC so Maybe I've done something wrong there...

Please help.

I'm not currently at my console (which is at home, since I work at a Hog Theme Park [lucky you]), but a couple of things I'd verify:

1) Make sure you're running the correct compatible versions of MA3D and MA2. For example, MA 3D v.3.0.0.5 fits to grandMA2 console version 3.0.0.
2) The Master Session Host has the authority to overwrite data and attempt to force a connection to Slaved Members. Try verifying that your console and MA3D Mac are connected, and that any session is open (even a blank one) in MA3D. Then boot up the console, and load the showfile, to see if a force is issued overwriting the existing or default showfile in MA3D.
3) "When in doubt, get out." Session data is stored in local cache, so if you're having difficulty connecting to any one session, "leave" it from the console, and create a new session.

Hope some of this helps!

The thing that took me FOREVER to figure out was, once you add your computer under the Setup -> MA Network Configuration -> 3D -> Add -> And then add your computer. Once you're there, you have to hit please in the 'session member' box, so it says 'yes'. It took me forever to find out that the little box saying yes would make it all work. I attached a pic too.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 5.41.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 5.41.05 PM.png
    87 KB · Views: 527
[email protected]
The MA software people will get you set up in a jiffy.
also, check out here:
http://www.actlighting.com/support/grandma2/

ACT Lighting support is STELLAR, so I can't recommend that avenue enough if you're having unsolvable troubles.

Oops, I'm sorry. Read it quickly.
No biggie, happens to all of us.

are you sure that the IP address should be the same? I think in any normal IP network each device has its own address.

You are correct. In this instance, however, you are choosing the IP address on MA3D (localhost 172.XXX.XX.X or your preferred IP) and then specifying the IP address to seek for on the MA2 console.

The thing that took me FOREVER to figure out was, once you add your computer under the Setup -> MA Network Configuration -> 3D -> Add -> And then add your computer. Once you're there, you have to hit please in the 'session member' box, so it says 'yes'. It took me forever to find out that the little box saying yes would make it all work. I attached a pic too.

This took me forever too!! First time I ran into this one I thought I was going crazy, haha. I actually might print this picture out and put it in our LX Lab so others don't spend time on this issue too. Thanks!!

I'm not currently at my console (which is at home, since I work at a Hog Theme Park [lucky you]), but a couple of things I'd verify:

1) Make sure you're running the correct compatible versions of MA3D and MA2. For example, MA 3D v.3.0.0.5 fits to grandMA2 console version 3.0.0.
2) The Master Session Host has the authority to overwrite data and attempt to force a connection to Slaved Members. Try verifying that your console and MA3D Mac are connected, and that any session is open (even a blank one) in MA3D. Then boot up the console, and load the showfile, to see if a force is issued overwriting the existing or default showfile in MA3D.
3) "When in doubt, get out." Session data is stored in local cache, so if you're having difficulty connecting to any one session, "leave" it from the console, and create a new session.

Hope some of this helps!

Thanks!! The versions are the same, and I did leave and recreate sessions a couple times but will try again today!

Thanks everyone for all the advice, if all else fails I'll get in contact with the wonderful MA Software folks. :) Will update you on what happens so hopefully this will be a good resource for anyone else that has this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back