Automated Fixtures Mac 250 Entour or Elation Design Spot 575E

Jsiska

Hello all I am considering purchasing 4 of the above is the Design Spot 575E all that the specs say.Is Elation pro really pro I know they make American DJ lights and don't want to buy something that may not be up to day to day use. My budget max is only 15k or I would buy the Clay Packy alpha 300 hpe

Like footer said, some details about what you are using the lights for would help us help you. It seems as though you are looking for a spot light and not a wash. I have had great experiences with Martin products with the exception to limitations of colors. On all intels I recommend CMY mixing if you are planning to use with mixed fixtures so that colors can be closely matched. This option will jack your price point up but it is worth it. For higher output on a budget, consider Elektralite. They offer a few decent options, with many features, and I have had good experiences with them.

The Elation Design series are really nice. They are not quite up to the same standard as Martin, Robe, and Clay Paky, but they are getting there fast. I have Elation fixtures in my inventory that get used all the time and they are working great. Our lighting designers have been impressed by them and we are happy with them.

Also of note, when you compare the DS575 to the Mac 250, the DS is going to have way more output..

I've got some DS 250's and like them alot.. one guy I'd seen was out on the road with them for 2 years w/o any problems.. one problem I encountered is even though the user manual of mine said they could be side mounted you have to make sure you bought the "Pro" version of the fixture that comes w/ a stronger chassis otherwise they can be top mounted or hung only.. and the colors on the 250s are a little weak..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back