mac 250 wash compaired to a mac 300

moojoe

i havent much experiance with mac washes, only with theyre profiles and HighEnd washes, so Im currently pricing out a rental for a show, and I noticed the Mac 300 is cheeper then the Mac 250 Wash, I was wondering, what makes the 250 better then the 300?

thanks

From looking over the info on martins site the 250 has twice as many lumans as the 300 and is faster. What is the differnce in cost?

For the most part, they are the same fixture, the 250 is a newer design and has a little better color mixing and a faster speed. Better casing, etc.

If it comes down to cost, I use the 300's often and they do a decent job to fill a gym or small venue.

the mac 250 wash is $116 more for rental for 4 weeks.

thanks, i should have looked at the specs before i posted. i just looked at the quick product discription.

Outside of faster and likely brighter, there's economics. If both are available from the same place, they've probably had the Mac 300 a LOT longer than the 250, which is fairly new. So the 300 are paid for, whereas the 250 they're likely still trying to recover the purchase price.

Also, the 250 has the same case style as the Entour, the Krypton, and the Mac 2K series. In the theatre, that may not be a big deal, since most fixtures are hidden, but in the corporate world it is HUGE. Some event designers with whom I've worked are so picky they will inspect every light for scuffs and nicks before it gets hung, even tho we take the time to scrub them before the show.

len said:
Some event designers with whom I've worked are so picky they will inspect every light for scuffs and nicks before it gets hung, even tho we take the time to scrub them before the show.

Hmmm - something else that will increase the cost!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back