mac 2k profile questions

powerpro

Hi.
I have a number of used mac 2k profile's .... magnetic ballasts..,
2 of which are dimming about 25% faster than the others
I have tried to calibrate the dimmers on the fixtures , but they dont seem to be responding...... the caibration worked on the other fixtures...
I am running them from a hog IPC
any ideas?

thanks
Tim

In manual mode they work fine ,,,, I have all of them on the same dim curve

In calibration mode(dimmer offset), nothing seems to happen at all. The other 8 callibrated fine

To check to see if it is a control issue patch them all to the same address. I had an issue like this with some VL 3Ks, one fixture would fade just a touch slower than the rest, not every time but enough to annoy me. I found the problem when I was in the shop and the shop guys tested it with light jockey and the problem went away. We moved all the fixtures to the same patch and it went away, it seemed that the board I was using hog 1K had an issue with getting the right info to a certain address. Was a little odd and far fetched but patching to a higher range of DMX address made the problem go away.

If they work okay in Manual Mode, then it is probably not a fixture issue... though I don't know what's up with the calibration not working. I agree with the set them to the same address... if they work then theres something going on with the console. If they still do wierd stuff then it is possible that there is an issue with the software on the fixture or the DMX input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back