Mac 301 wash acting strange

NeroCaesar

Hello,

I searched for similar everywhere with no luck.

I have a Mac 301 Wash that tests just fine, but for some reason will not light up via DMX

I can control its pan and tilt just fine, but it wont light up via DMX

The unit says its getting the correct DMX on each channel

During the function test it lights up and tests correctly, there isnt even an error code.

I opened it up and reseated all the connections, but I have not serviced many moving lights, and I dont have any diagrams.

Other 301 units on the DMX chain work just fine. Its set to the correct personality, and address.
It just stopped functioning one day.

Any ideas, besides get an Aura?

Thanks,
-Greg

Something odd is definitely happening. Try changing to the wrong profile, and then back to the right one. Do you have access to a firmware uploader? I haven't worked with the 301s much, but I've seen it happen before that firmware gets corrupted.

I was thinking possibly corrupt firmware, but I dont have the uploader.
I tried reading about the process but there were no details like, how do I connect it physically, is it a DMX to USB? is it proprietary? Is there an internal USB port some where?

Had a Chauvet do that. Turned out it lost a voltage regulator on the LED driver board that stepped down the PSU voltage for the microcontroller that took data from the main board. Long story short, replacing the driver board fixed that. If it's responding to data on everything except the LEDs, I'd look between the LEDs and the main board (assuming it's laid out in similar fashion)

Loose connection or corrosion on the connector that you cleaned a bit by reseating. At least if it happens again you have the fix!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back