Mac 700 Awesome Light

nmccoart5

I have used many different ml's over the past few years and have not come across a light that was more versitile than the MAC 700 Profile for its price. From the color mixing capabilities to the motorized zoom and focus, this light has always exceeded my expectations. I would recomend this light to anyone looking for an awesome light at a decent price. My personal favorite. Open for discussion......

Price and feature and intensity-wise I would put the Elation PowerSpot 700 up against a Mac 700. Not that I don't like that Martin fixtures, but if you really want to read about it, we shot out the PS700 against a Mac 2k and the review is here.

Never tried anything by Elation so far. The company I work for mostly uses moving lights from Martin and Varilite. I did work for a gig last week and we had a planty of Mac700. I've been really surprised of the quality of the machine.

We ran a show with 4 of them last spring. Great lights until we started having issues with the ballasts. I hear that there was a manufacturing defect in some and we seemed to get a few out of that batch. Over the course of the 2 week 2 venue show, I had to trade them all out for replacement/spares with the rental house.

Great fixtures once we traded them out!

I noticed that myself as well TimMiller. I feel like the VL2500 or VL2000 Wash is a much better light then the Mac 700 Wash.

The Mac 700 Profiles are great fixtures, but like icewolf08 said, an Elation PS700 more then gives it a run for its money. I would recommend them if looking to buy on a budget. They also seem road worthy since quite a few tours carry Elation products and I have heard no major complaints thus far. I also have no complaints about the Elation products I have in stock, be it dimmers, LEDs, intels, and/or foggers/hazers.

Normally, I don't use Mac 700s, I am a fan of VL2000s or VL2500s. Feel they are better lights for the price, which is the same range. Whenever I have used Mac 700 Profiles however, they have been great lights. I just like VLs more then Martin for little things here and there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back