Mac 700 copies/QMAXZ

As a manufacture in China, I can say a word with this topic. As I know, it is very few factory of the China copy the MAC700 because this type isn't populor in Chinese market. I advice you ask the supplyer take a photo of the mainpcb. If the mainpcb is not as same as mac700, they are not valuable to you.

QMAXZ is a German company, which makes me think they'd be of better quality even if they're manufactured in China. They seem pretty nice, but that's just my opinion. I do like the Neutrix PowerCon for power though, nice feature.
As said before not German, Dutch (The Netherlands).
Same country that brought us IES/ETC Matrix (MkII) racks and some other stuff...
How come grandMA(2)/malighting isn't in your list of German accomplishments, that's relevant to this part of the forum ;)
I know a place that's considering them but I haven't seen them demoed yet except at PLS Frankfurt 09 which isn't enough to go by I think. (Though I know the distributor that carries them here is fairly serious so I wouldn't expect them to sell garbage)

I have been lucky to only have to care for the major brands of moving lights but I imagine you get what you pay for. There are reasons Macs, VLs, Robes and high end fixtures cost what they do. Paying less and expecting them to be the same is setting yourself up for disappointment. I can not comment on the specifics of this line of fixtures but it would not surprise me to find tolerances on the optics lower, CYM filters that have a very wide and noticeable difference between fixtures plastic gears when metal might be better, less easy to service and so on.

If you are ok with these limits or your application doesn't need all the bells and whistles these fixtures will be just fine but don't expect steak on a burger budget.

Justifying the purchase by saying they are coming from a reputable dealer only means that they will offer the best support they can. If there is a market to sell them to dealers will sell them. They might be the highest quality 700W lights under 2K but they are what they are.

I'd love to know where you can get get the 700's for less than 2K because they list at 3915 euro excluding VAT and flightcase here (the 700P lists at 6985 euro)....

I was basing my princing off of this post
"Well I'm picking up a pair in a flight case for £1000 special offer which don't sound to bad to me, Stage electrics are doing them for £1900 a pop!"

The poster does not specify what range is that price but with all the talk of the 700 series I thought that is what they were after.

The series i'm picking up are the QMAXZ 575w range, but they are they are becoming known 'apparently' as the 'MAC 700 copy' obviosuly because they "look" like the MAC 700 series, If you ask me they look closer to the 550's

I agree what soundman said in #24. What you get is worth what you pay.
If you just want to get a 700W fixture and use them " for trashy flashy dance show ". You will not disappoint. If you can repair common failture by yourself. You will use these fixture several years.

Colors, you have picked up on exactly why we;re putting these in our hire stock, we want to offer the customer some trashy flashy fixtures that look nice!
Who wants an ugly fixture whether it's for trashy flashy or not!

Well truth is,
I got them today and they're really nice fixtures, no noisier than a MAC and really smooth operation plus you can lock the head which I wasn't expecting on a fixture like this,
I'll post some pics soon

Exelent! So no major problems?

No, not that I've found anyway shutters/motors are all in good nack,
none of the parts are sticking and they run fairly smoothly!

do what i did with the fixtures we just imported from china. Run them and see if they die. I just got some killer LED fixtures in, unfortuately 2 of the 8 died. I am waiting for parts to come in, but hey when part of the deal is R&D what do you expect.

do what i did with the fixtures we just imported from china. Run them and see if they die. I just got some killer LED fixtures in, unfortuately 2 of the 8 died. I am waiting for parts to come in, but hey when part of the deal is R&D what do you expect.

Could you said more detail about your fixture? What fixture you imported?
Maybe I can help you?

I would also like to know. I haven't found any cheap knock off units yet that are worth the money. I would love to know if there are any out there.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back