Mac Mini Supplier

urban79

Ok, I'm in somewhat of a time crunch and I've hit a brick wall. I put in a purchase order about 6 weeks ago for the old model of the Mac Mini (which was just discontinued, but falls below our equipment budget threshold and so is able to be freely spent). Full Compass unfortunately only just realized that it's discontinued and that the order didn't get fulfilled, and now I need to find a replacement. Unfortunately the usual computer sources that I have tried are apparently not allowed to sell to educational institutions, so I'm looking for a theatrical supplier that might carry it. I have already tried Sweetwater and they only have the new ones. The model is MGEN2LL/A. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Chris

Since it sounds like you are an educational institution you could reach out to your IT department. They may be able to order what you need through their suppliers and connections.

B&H claims that they can't sell it to an educational institution - they were the first place I tried. I have reached out to IT and am awaiting a reply, but they aren't fans of Mac infrastructure and I have had to fight with them before on this purchase, so I'm not expecting a ton of help. I was hoping someone might know another place to try!

Thanks!

Apple does educational pricing through their direct-sale website: https://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop/buy-mac/mac-mini If you're open to getting the current model, then that's a reasonable approach. I wonder if the limitation with the resellers is really that they're not allowed to sell to you at all, or whether they just aren't authorized to do the educational discount... might be worth more conversation? Either way, I would expect all other resellers to have similar limitations in their agreement with Apple.

Apple does educational pricing through their direct-sale website: https://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop/buy-mac/mac-mini If you're open to getting the current model, then that's a reasonable approach. I wonder if the limitation with the resellers is really that they're not allowed to sell to you at all, or whether they just aren't authorized to do the educational discount... might be worth more conversation? Either way, I would expect all other resellers to have similar limitations in their agreement with Apple.

Is this a Purchase Order situation, or "authorized purchase card" from the institution? If the latter, simply find what you want in the Apple Store (check the refurbs, as they carry a full warranty and qualify for Apple Care) and pay with the plastic.

The suggestion for Mac Mall is also a good one as a 60 second phone call will establish if they can sell to you.

I'm not an Apple fanboy but I've learned to appreciate the Mini... :twisted:

It is a purchase order situation, but I think my principal overrode school policy and pushed the order through Full Compass - the computer is due in early next week. I've learned to not question and just go with the flow!

Thanks everyone!

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back