Mac Recording interface

Never used that brand, though I personally prefer M-Audio if you are on a budget. If you could spring for it the M-box is a nice piece of hardware as well as anything made by Echo.

It depends on the situation. Sometimes it will be a mic or guitar, while other times it will be a tap off the main outs.

Just out of curiosity, if you're asking about a Mac interface that uses FireWire, then why ask about 4 pin? All Macs since the Blue G3 in '99 (first to have FW built in) have come with 6 pin, which powers things.

Also a word of warning, you may want to be careful running any USB recording device through a hub especially if you have other things pluged into the hub. Sometimes the hubs can loose some information and lessen the quality of the recording. It may not be a problem for you, but I have read about it being a problem in some cases. Just a heads up.

On another note, I have a PreSonus Firepod and LOVE it! I havent used the inspire, but if it's anything like the firepod it's good stuff.

icebook1 said:
Just out of curiosity, if you're asking about a Mac interface that uses FireWire, then why ask about 4 pin? All Macs since the Blue G3 in '99 (first to have FW built in) have come with 6 pin, which powers things.

Whoops, I just looked and found that it is in fact 6 pin FireWire.

yeah i have a presonus firebox - which is the big brother of the inspire. i am very happy with it. if you dont need midi, or spdif i would recommend the presonus inspire, it comes with a cubase le as well which is a good sequencer/audio recording program.

I ended up purchasing a Tapco Link USB. I decided to just unplug the printer when I am using the interface instead of buying a hub. So far it seems to be very easy to set up the hardware and the drivers. Tracktion 2 is going to take a bit of getting used to though. The included USB cable has a clamp filter on it that seems to help keep the noise down pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back