MAC250 problem

legacy

I have two Mac 250's One of which has a problem and was wondering if anyone can help. IT will not allow me to select Gobos.. like if I click on a gobo it shows the wrong one if I click another it will show the next one over..... Now this happened one time before and I was ale to fix it but forgot how I did it ... something about the form ware .... any one want to take a stab at it

Re: OFF TOPIC BUT??>>>>.

What kind of console? I would say you could have a faulty enconder on the gobo wheel, something could be stopped up. Open up the light and blow it out. Besides that, an firmware upgrade could do it, call Martin for exact procedures on how to do that. I have never done a firmware upgrade on a martin fixture, but it usually requires some type of 3 pin/5 pin XLR dongle. Call martin, put a post on lightnetwork.

I have two Mac 250's One of which has a problem and was wondering if anyone can help. IT will not allow me to select Gobos.. like if I click on a gobo it shows the wrong one if I click another it will show the next one over..... Now this happened one time before and I was ale to fix it but forgot how I did it ... something about the form ware .... any one want to take a stab at it

You're thinking of a Firm ware update...but I agree with Footer to a point...it sounds like the console more than the light.. you may have a messed up profile (which you can check by rotating the other Mac's gobo's at the same time). If they both rotate to the different gobo than you clicked on your profile is messed up.

Now if one's rotating to the right gobo and one is still all FUBAR'ed try sending a soft reset to the light....if that doesn't work well try updating the firmware (though I haven't seen that as a problem before) and if the firm ware doesn't work you may have a loose/bad sensor.

Also Do you change out gobo's often? Could they not have been reset right?

When testing grog's and Footer's theory about it being a console problem. What you should do is set both fixtures to the DMX address of the one that is not working right. Then both will get the same commands from the console, and if the commands are bad, both will not work right. If, after that you still have only one working correctly, try swapping cables, you never know it could be something that simple. Also, make sure you DMX lines are terminated, sometimes that can cause lots of problems.

If all other functions of the light operate correctly, it sounds like a bad gobo wheel sensor. Does the fixture give any errors, particularly "g1er" upon startup? Like the above poster said, open it up and blow it out, make sure all wheels move freely.

thanks for the info... Have not had time to get to it BUT it is not the console... I am looking at the other possibilities..... thanks guys will let you know

In my opinion, it is NOT off-topic, which is why I changed the thread's title to something more descriptive. Odd that my changing the title doesn't changed all the posts, just the first and the ones posted after I made the change.

To further editorialize, we've had a lot of off-topic, unimportant posts lately and it was good to have a real-world and common problem for us to try to solve. Just my 2¢.

I just had to search G1ER and found this thread, I just finished replacing the lower wiring harness in a 700 and still have the G1ER. There was a break in the harness but now I am waiting on the **** $17 sensor to get this thing back up. At least it is quicker than sending it to Martin.

Wow, what a resurrection. I'm the the OP's problem is long gone (whether repaired or replaced), but a trick I've found is to boot the fixture with the sensor and magnet lined up. This will kind of "calibrate" it to recognize where the starting position is. Had to do it a few times to a MAC300's color wheels.

take your mac, run the self test, watch it, make sure it goes through your colors and gobos in order, and if it shows any errors, you'll know its the fixture (or if something isn't visually right). Let it get hot, and test again. No problems, then it's probably not the fixture. Otherwise, it's either your console, or bad dmx, or something worth contacting Martin. The sensor magnets is one issue that is common, but that will show up in self test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back