Macbook pro to Projectors

Thank you for your feedback. The 3x outputs would be all different images. Like I said I am not much of a Mac person but we recently upgraded to the Top Macbook pro because they no longer have Desktop models that are reasonably priced. We just out grew out Mac "Can" 2013.
If you want to use a single video output to send 3 different images to 3 different projectors, the only device I'm aware of which will do that -- and this *is* my gig -- is the Matrox Triple-Head-To-Go, which makes your video output look like a 5760x1080 monitor, and then splits it to three outputs.

Alternatively, you'll need three separate DisplayLink adapters, one per channel, and *either way*, you will need 3 separate HDbaseT media converters -- every step of this process is sui generis enough that you will *not* find one box that does everything. And maybe you'll be able to run all three DisplayLink adapters, and maybe not; I've never tried it.

Sorry about that.

The Trashcan Mac, as you probably realize, *will* drive all three projectors, plus a control monitor, directly, if you have it cabled properly. You might want to critically re-evaluate "outgrew"...

I don't think this needs to be that hard... There are literally 100's of solutions out there that solve your problem, you're choosing really the only path that makes it hard...

How about a USB-C > HDMI Cable and then a 1x4 extender like this one...

That won't help him, as he said he's trying to drive the projectors as separate surfaces.

It *might* help me, though, and thanks for pointing it out. :)

You may want to consider a DeckLink Duo with an external enclosure connected via USB-C to the Mac. The mac won't recognize the extra outputs as displays but I think that QLabs will. Then from there run SDI cables to the projectors. Many high quality projectors will have SDI inputs (BNC connector). There are hundreds of churches that are using this setup. Most that I know of are using ProPresenter which allows you to easily choose what you want on each screen.

I think we understand, it’s just that such a device is not commercially available, and so we are offering the closest alternatives.

If "plug-and-play" is that essential consider a project box with panel mount connectors and then using the components recommended here and create your "own". The reality os this is a pretty niche application, thus there is not much demand for such a product.
I don't know how niche this is. I've been trying to solve the exact same problem ever since I lost my patience with our old setup, a Matrox TripleHead and a computer sitting in the catwalks. I'm working on a bid using Blackmagic boxes and Cat5 outlets distributed around the theater. It's not cheap.

You may want to consider a DeckLink Duo with an external enclosure connected via USB-C to the Mac. The mac won't recognize the extra outputs as displays but I think that QLabs will. Then from there run SDI cables to the projectors. Many high quality projectors will have SDI inputs (BNC connector). There are hundreds of churches that are using this setup. Most that I know of are using ProPresenter which allows you to easily choose what you want on each screen.

This is the route I went, with a Deck Link 8K and 3x 4K Televisions for some digital signage.

Set it up and let it run for a week before installing. 4K video file stretched out across three screens looks great.

20220715_123033197_iOS.jpg

This is the route I went, with a Deck Link 8K and 3x 4K Televisions for some digital signage.

Set it up and let it run for a week before installing. 4K video file stretched out across three screens looks great.

View attachment 23241
Is this setup running on an M1 Mac? I have this exact setup and had to use an intel mac mini because, for some reason, the M1 didn't support 3 monitors when vertical, only horizontal

Is this setup running on an M1 Mac? I have this exact setup and had to use an intel mac mini because, for some reason, the M1 didn't support 3 monitors when vertical, only horizontal

20220727_180910202_iOS.jpg
I initially tried setting the Output Target to 3x1, and while that seems to rotate the outputs how I wanted them, it also treated the entire surface as a single 4096x2160 display, which I don't want for this application.

20220727_180948120_iOS.jpg

I ended up configuring it as 3 rows by 1 column, and then rotating the content in the cue properties. It's a little annoying to have that extra step, but it seems to be working, and it allows our marketing team to use very high solution images on the display. 4K and HD video both seem to scale up fine.

*** Yes, I realize the absolute absurdity of thinking that a 4K output is not adequate for a small digital signage setup. But I paid for the pixels and I intend to use them 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back