Mixers/Consoles Mackie system on backorder till May

Juice

What is the problem with Mackie? I have a tt24 system on order for over 4 months an now have been told it will be at least the end of May before delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel your pain Juice.

I too, have had a Mackie system on order for 3 months. The word that I got from Brendan at Sweetwater is that Mackie had closed down several of their factories in China. Five minutes ago, I got a call from Brendan that Sweetwater had just received a huge shipment from Mackie and hopefully my tt32ds system will be in that shipment.

Hang in there and keep in touch with whom-so-ever you placed your order, so they know that you are still out here and you really want to have your gear.

Rich

LOUD is having problems with it's contracted factories in China.

You could be waiting a while.

If the rumors are true, it sounds like LOUD might be on the verge of imploding.

The news is certainly not good.

Ugh, this is an epic fail. We have an Onyx 24.4 on order for our new sound system at school, and they REFUSE to do any work until the mixer is in.

It's not just Mackie. Companies of all kinds have reduced production levels and closed factories, to compensate for lower sales levels during the lousy economy. They cannot afford to have a factory cranking out more than they can sell.

Non-consumer products, like audio and lighting gear will take longer to get until the economy starts to pick up. Let's hope things improve soon.

Agreed, I saw a story the other night regarding the imported products sitting at ports. The auto manufacturers had to lease additional space to park cars that were already in transit since the demand from dealers is down. Meanwhile, exports, which are often raw materials or components to be assembled elsewhere, are way down in demand. And there have been several stories of riots and problems in China where many factories are shutting down.

Of course, the recent problems and changes in LOUD management may also be a factor as both the new management and their suppliers may want to take things a bit slowly and not put themselves at risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back