Macros (Wait's and Follows too!)

What can I say...I'm spoiled with my wait times. That's all there is too it. And apparently a little flippant about it ;)

What can I say...I'm spoiled with my wait times. That's all there is too it. And apparently a little flippant about it ;)

It was a real question though--perhaps I'm missing something....

What _can't_ you do on the Express(ion) because of the split-only wait command?

--Sean

Well...while the boards weren't meant for movers they certainly have been used for them. Especially the Expression 3. If I wanted to throw a wait on a move, or a live move that involved a down and and up pan/tilt fade that I wanted to wait 3 seconds after the press of a go I'd have to create a separate cue as opposed to waiting the entire cue.

Its not much really. Looking back at the times I have programmed those boards I realize there hasn't been much call for a full on wait. Honestly if you need a full on wait you end up creating a second cue and following it from the first cue.

I still can't see why you would ever need to put a wait on an entire cue. What is the point? if you need both the upfade and downfade to wait the same amount after pushing GO then call the cue later.

I've seen touring dance LD's do this when they can't get the SM to change to call point. Stupid solution in a way, but then the real solution involves politics and personalities.

SB

So is the point here I don't need to use my Delay (Strand)... ever... unless my SM can only call a cue at a specific point. Which I could see using, to make cue calling easier for her... but hey, isn't that her job? :neutral:

Not at all, it is a design tool. Because on the strand you can assign a delay to either the upfade or downfade (or both) of a cue or part cue. So like my example before, maybe you want the current scene to fade out before the new one starts fading up, you put a delay on the upfade. Or if you want the new scene to fade up before the old scene fades out, you put a delay on the downfade.

Or maybe you have a part cue and you want part 2 to start 15 seconds after part one, so you just put a delay of 15 on part 2 so that when you push GO, part 1 starts and then 15 seconds later part 2 starts.

Not at all, it is a design tool. Because on the strand you can assign a delay to either the upfade or downfade (or both) of a cue or part cue. So like my example before, maybe you want the current scene to fade out before the new one starts fading up, you put a delay on the upfade. Or if you want the new scene to fade up before the old scene fades out, you put a delay on the downfade.
Or maybe you have a part cue and you want part 2 to start 15 seconds after part one, so you just put a delay of 15 on part 2 so that when you push GO, part 1 starts and then 15 seconds later part 2 starts.

Ahhh. Alex, I think I'm starting to see the picture. Thanks.

On the ETC 48/96 Express, I use, I make a macro for saving the show to disk. So instead of going through the different menus, I record all the steps into a macro, pop in a disk and hit "M1". Within 2 seconds it's all done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back