Magician Fog effect?

GHGEffects

Hello!

For a play i'm looking for a way to release smoke from a smoke machine under the clothes of a magician.
The intention is that the magician can walk back and forth with a cart behind him, in the cart is the smoke machine.
but after several tests we did not succeed. it seems as if the smoke doesn't want to go through a any hose.
A copper pipe is fine, but we are looking for something more flexible.

Anyone happen to have an idea? Thanks in advance!

---i'm sorry for my english its google translated---
(original text down below in Dutch)

Hallo!

voor een toneelstuk ben ik opzoek naar een manier, om rook van een rookmachine onder kleding van een tovernaar uit te laten komen.
De bedoeling is dat de tovernaar met een karretje achter zich heen en weer kan lopen, in de kar zit dan de rookmachine.
Maar na een aantal test is het ons niet gelukt. het lijkt als of de rook niet door een slang wil gaan, een kopere buis gaat wel maar we zoeken iets meer flexibels.

Iemand toevallig een idee?

Alvast bedankt!

I have never seen one in person, much less used or evaluated one, but the micro-fogger series struck me as an interesting option for these sorts of things when I first happened upon information about them. I think they might basically be the guts of a vaping unit rearranged a bit, though I do not know for sure. If so, it's in my opinion one of the few good things that can be said to have come from vaping.

Smoke Machines – Vosentech

We've used micro foggers from look solutions and built them into set pieces. Quite impressive output, and pretty long battery life (didn't run out during our show, put it that way). They have a radio remote control. Check out their "tiny" range. We hired it in for the show, rather than buying, although everyone who saw it was finding excuses why we really did need to buy one :) I think the rate of smoke generation ought to go through a tube.

I have never seen one in person, much less used or evaluated one, but the micro-fogger series struck me as an interesting option for these sorts of things when I first happened upon information about them. I think they might basically be the guts of a vaping unit rearranged a bit, though I do not know for sure. If so, it's in my opinion one of the few good things that can be said to have come from vaping.

Smoke Machines – Vosentech
Thanks for the tip, i wil look it up.

We've used micro foggers from look solutions and built them into set pieces. Quite impressive output, and pretty long battery life (didn't run out during our show, put it that way). They have a radio remote control. Check out their "tiny" range. We hired it in for the show, rather than buying, although everyone who saw it was finding excuses why we really did need to buy one :) I think the rate of smoke generation ought to go through a tube.
Thanks for the tip, i wil look it up.

What size hose are you trying to use? There needs to be an air gap between the output of the smoke machine and the end of the hose, otherwise the hot smoke has tendency to condense back to a fluid almost immediately before creating a nice cloud of smoke. If that still doesn't work, make a chamber that has a hole cut for the smoke machine to spray into, along with a hole for the hose to be attached. You will more then likely need to add a small fan or two blowing into the box to pressurize the system and push the smoke into the hose. The box can be as simple as a plastic storage bin with lid and you can use a 12 volt computer fan or two if needed to help push the smoke out of the hose.

Hello!

For a play i'm looking for a way to release smoke from a smoke machine under the clothes of a magician.
The intention is that the magician can walk back and forth with a cart behind him, in the cart is the smoke machine.
but after several tests we did not succeed. it seems as if the smoke doesn't want to go through a any hose.

Hallo!

voor een toneelstuk ben ik opzoek naar een manier, om rook van een rookmachine onder kleding van een tovernaar uit te laten komen.
De bedoeling is dat de tovernaar met een karretje achter zich heen en weer kan lopen, in de kar zit dan de rookmachine.
Maar na een aantal test is het ons niet gelukt. het lijkt als of de rook niet door een slang wil gaan, een kopere buis gaat wel maar we zoeken iets meer flexibels.

Alvast bedankt!
Have you considered Rosco's Pencil Fogger ?
https://ca.rosco.com/en/product/pf-1000-pencil-fogger
A bit pricey but works well. It's a fogger in two pieces joined by a small diameter, flexible, hose.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

That's a really neat looking fog unit, Ron. Wonder why it's not available in Europe (single voltage, maybe)? With the OP being based in the Netherlands, that could be a problem.

That's a really neat looking fog unit, Ron. Wonder why it's not available in Europe (single voltage, maybe)? With the OP being based in the Netherlands, that could be a problem.
The shop I was with used it three times: Once in the U.S. in the rear of a touring display bus for Pennsylvania Bell then twice on your side of the pond for "Tommy The Musical" in Frankfurt and "Tommy The Musical" in London's Shaftesbury. We located the main unit in the basements, bored small diameter holes, and located the small part a little up stage of the sixth automated track.
The optional remote adds controls for pulses with adjustable on and off times.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Hello!

Hallo!

Alvast bedankt!
@almorton Cut and pasted from Rosco's site; note 230 volt / 50 Hz model listed.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Wattage:1500W
Power Requirements:14A at 120 VAC/60hz
7A at 230 V AC/50hz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back