Makita 18V Compact Lithium-Ion LCT400W

Well your smarter than the people I worked with at my job before I came to PTC, they loved there quick change Makita's, that is until we had to drill a hole then all of the sudden my Dewalt was much cooler cause it had an actual chuck.

To the actual tools you asked about, I like the drill (Model #: BDF452HW) overall, personally I have never found much use in electric impact tools, either what I'm working on is small enough that I have nut drivers that work in my drill or it's too big and kills the battery quickly. And there's cheaper places to find a radio and flashlight. The battery being the same is handy but I just don't like it personally so from now on I'll talk about the drill itself.

I really like the charge time, the first time you don't leave it in neutral in transit and show up to the call with the battery dead you'll be really happy it changes in 15 minutes (cause you changed your spare recently right?). Also It's really light, that will come in handy when you are on top of a ladder all stretched out. Like I said earlier you chose a drill with a chuck and that's what you want and the 1/2" one helps when you want to get into serious bits (eg. hole saw bits). The one thing that my Dewalt has that that drill doesn't is the clutch. That is totally a matter of preference, I use it every day but a lot of the people at work just set the drill on no clutch and go nuts. That's the only thing that I see that would make me look at another drill, overall it's a good choice, definitely shop around there's a huge variance in power tool prices out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back