malpractice?

Where was the stagehand with the half apple box. I have mentioned this before but one time Speaker of the House Carl Albert was, uh vertically challenged and carried a "PortaPodium" when on a speaking tour. One of his assistants would place this behind the lectern then Mr. Albert would walk out and obviously step up onto this to make his speech. I guess he figured no one in the audience would notice? Oh, this device was actually a wooden pop bottle case wrapped in fabric.
Quarter-apple, I think. :)

This is the WHCA: they should have a hydraulic pantograph that can remotely go up and down to fit.

Reminds me of a renovation of a large theater in Richmond, VA. The electrical contractor surveyed the project during demo and spray painted conduits based on if they were going to be demo'd or kept. They started spray painting green X's on conduits that would be kept and red X's on conduits that were going to be demo'd. Somewhere along the way they flipped that -- green became "safe to demo" and red was "don't touch". In an attempt to clarify, they went back to the original scheme and painted over anything that was wrong. Lot of pipes ended up having 2 or 3 colors of paint on them before it was done -- especially when they ran out of red/green and started using black...
*NEVER* use color for that.

legs.jpg

Perhaps the normal Presidential mics were on the Podium that was being used for Trump's speech at Andrews Airforce Base before he left so these were the backup pare. From what I remember all the years I have seen the presidents podeum the SM 57'd have had small wind screens on them not these huge things on them

Shure A81WS for the really windy applications. WCO may have custom A81WS made with room inside for another windscreen. Lots of their stuff looks like things we mortals can purchase but are, in fact, clever enhancements in Shure clothing.

Perhaps the normal Presidential mics were on the Podium that was being used for Trump's speech at Andrews Airforce Base before he left so these were the backup pare. From what I remember all the years I have seen the presidents podeum the SM 57'd have had small wind screens on them not these huge things on them
Trump abandoned the normal presidential kit pretty quickly in his tenure in favor of a single gooseneck, thats what was still in use at Andrews, also there are multiple identical kits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back