Mamma Mia! I'm in Kansas!

Good Afternoon from the Plains!

Perhaps you remember me, I was at F&M in Lancaster, PA and had an OLD Strand hard patch dimmer set-up. Well, now I'm at FHSU and we have the SAME SET-UP!

Well, at least I'm familiar with it now.

Attachments

• IMG_20180814_075834806.jpg
    IMG_20180814_075834806.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 46
Good Afternoon from the Plains!

Perhaps you remember me, I was at F&M in Lancaster, PA and had an OLD Strand hard patch dimmer set-up. Well, now I'm at FHSU and we have the SAME SET-UP!

Well, at least I'm familiar with it now.
@Debra P. Holmes Thank you very much for your photo. When Hamilton Place's Great Hall main venue opened in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada in the fall of 1973 we had one of your hard-patch's many big brothers. On the vertical surface our hard-patch had dual outputs of 100 six Kw dimmers and six 20 amp non-dims repeated 3 times across the width. On the horizontal surface were counter-weighted male tails for 307 20 Amp load circuits and 17 heavier counter-weighted tails for 17 50 Amp six Kw male tails equipped with red-insulated male connectors. I prided myself on patching from the higher circuit numbers to the lower working backwards from the bottom up to keep our patch looking neat, uncluttered, and instantly readable as is your hard-patch in your photo.
Thanks once again @Debra P. Holmes for your memory invoking photo.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard [Retired from IATSE 129 Hamilton, Ontario & IA 357 Stratford, Ontario as well as IBEW 105, Hamilton, Ontario.

That's in pretty good condition still. We had one in the road house that I worked in and I would have loved for it to have been in that good of condition. Fortunately they upgraded the system about 15 years ago and that went to the scrap heap.

Welcome, Debra, but sorry about the Kansas thing. We've tried the Dorothy Solution (clicking heels, etc) but it doesn't work when off the MGM lot. ;)

Tim "in Wichita" Mc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back