Many many intel questions....

The fat frog doesn't have enough channels for all his dimmers.

On the ETC Express there are profiles for intels, and a trackpad, so it is still easier than a pure conventional board, too!

I know that but if he would just run the two moving lights off of that and the dimmers on the regular console his programming time would be cut in half.

Just a thought

Jon Hirsh

Radman said:
Running intels from a conv. board can be very difficult, because the arcs and profiles involved are often too much to deal with. Any circles would mean a lot of cues, and the parameters have to be able to be controlled by the values not the percentages. Lots of channels like lamp control. Plus the pan and tilt are 16 bit on the MAC2kP, and I think the Bijou only supports 8 bit. Sorry to discourage you...

600' before amp is needed.

After looking at the MAC2kP's manual in 8bit mode I can still use Pan Coarse and Tilt Coarse, not to sure what that means.... but yeah.

Also why is it that I must use values instead of percentages? I can logically understand finer tweaking being available, but what other things would I loose not having a board that can run values?

One other suggestion that may ease the whole control issue:

Call Bill at Entertainment Systems Corp. in Kilmarnock, VA. Ask him if he rents Martin LightJockey, or HogPC by HES. If so, you can rent them for a short period of time for probably far less than a decent sized desk like a Ma light or Hog 1000 would go for.

Download the appropriate software and program the whole show using the ofline visualizer. Then rent the dongle for a much shorter time, and you're mostly done. All you'd have to do with the actual dongle in place is check any positions, and edit timing of cues.

it would probably cost the same to rent a pc program and dongle the it would be to get a fat frog seeing as he would then need a computer in the booth which may not be avalible and a hog would be over kill a fat frog is simple and small itts ment to be a additional board its maximum could controll 12 lights i think so this would be perfect for him

Jon Hirsh

ps let us know what your end decsions are.

I looked at the manual and the values are spaced far enough apart that you can do it with percentages.

The reason for pan/tilt having a seperate coarse and fine is that from far away, a single step can be a big difference on the stage. So the fine gives another level of control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back