Marc350 lamp retrofit

gordonmcleod

Has anyone had success retrofitting the marc350 lamp and ballast with some of the HMI/HTI reflector discharge lamps
I have several Orbiters that I would like to retrofit with a more stable and long life lamp

posted about this I believe a few months ago in GE again making that lamp. REtrofit kit, contact the vendor on. beyond that, nope not I in doing any sort of thing.

did you mean HTI 400w/D3/75, HTI 400w/DE, or HTI 400w/24?

If a Marc 350 coming from, you probably mean the HTI 400w/24, HTI 403w/24, HTI 404w/24, MSR-R 400P, DTI 400/24, UMR 400, VIP R 400/32 or others amongst the ANSI EXT the Marc 350 is, EZS, EZM or EZG all within range.

If given one of them, contact the manufacturer directly about ballast / outfitting upgrade questions. Stuff like mounting and or operating voltage/strike voltage differences could be important.

The HTI 400w/24 was what I was thinking of
THe rectifier would have to be replaced probably with a switchmode style as the original GE units for the Marc350 were at best unreliable
The optics were more of a concern consideing the space requirements and maybe even airflow issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back