The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Marc350 lamp retrofit

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by gordonmcleod, Jan 21, 2009.

1. gordonmcleod

gordonmcleod Active Member

Has anyone had success retrofitting the marc350 lamp and ballast with some of the HMI/HTI reflector discharge lamps
    I have several Orbiters that I would like to retrofit with a more stable and long life lamp

2. ship

ship Senior Team Emeritus Premium Member

posted about this I believe a few months ago in GE again making that lamp. REtrofit kit, contact the vendor on. beyond that, nope not I in doing any sort of thing.

3. gordonmcleod

I was wondering about the Osram 400wat HTI lamp?

4. ship

ship Senior Team Emeritus Premium Member

did you mean HTI 400w/D3/75, HTI 400w/DE, or HTI 400w/24?

If a Marc 350 coming from, you probably mean the HTI 400w/24, HTI 403w/24, HTI 404w/24, MSR-R 400P, DTI 400/24, UMR 400, VIP R 400/32 or others amongst the ANSI EXT the Marc 350 is, EZS, EZM or EZG all within range.

If given one of them, contact the manufacturer directly about ballast / outfitting upgrade questions. Stuff like mounting and or operating voltage/strike voltage differences could be important.

5. gordonmcleod

The HTI 400w/24 was what I was thinking of
    THe rectifier would have to be replaced probably with a switchmode style as the original GE units for the Marc350 were at best unreliable
    The optics were more of a concern consideing the space requirements and maybe even airflow issues