Marquee board and Cybernet Zero Footprint PC has died! Help!

John Jay

Hi all,
I came in this morning and my cybernet PC that runs my Marquee board was Dead. It would not boot the Power button did nothing. So weird. It worked the night before and everything seemed fine. My Computer tech at the school said he thought it was the motherboard. any ideas. Also any ideas on how I could replace the unit with another one that would be set up with Marquee software? THe hard drive is intact and spins. I put it in an external drive and can see all the files.
I'm new at this so thanks for any light you can shine on my dilemma.

Best JJ

If you can find the exact machine, then try swapping the hard drive from the dead unit into the replacement. (Saved my butt many times.)

Some computer techs are better with software than hardware. If there is no sign of life from fans, lights, or hard drive spinning, it is very likely the power supply. The good news is PC power supplies are fairly interchangable and inexpensive to replace. If you take a wire or paperclip and short the green "power on" wire to any black "common" on the big power supply connector, the power supply should wake up and spin its fan. If not, replace the supply.
http://support.antec.com/support/so...19-is-my-power-supply-dead-the-paperclip-test

You can download the MarqueePC software from here. Install it on any 32-bit Windows OS, including the option to install the USB drivers. After that you should be able to plug in the console and all will be good. The channel count authorization is stored in the console - not the Zero-Footprint PC. If you have software issues, contact [email protected]. Unfortunately, the hardware was made by Entertainment Technology which was bought by Genlyte, then Philips then disbanded. Your console is likely 10 years old and I don't expect anybody would warrant a PC that long.

Thank you Robert, I that is good advice. I will attempt to install the software onto a 32 bit windows machine. Is there a specific OS that I need to use?

Thank you Robert, I that is good advice. I will attempt to install the software onto a 32 bit windows machine. Is there a specific OS that I need to use?

Follow the specs on the eBay listing.

Xp Pro on a P4 processor. If you got one laying around.

Hi There, I was able to swap out the computer and it is now talking to the marquee board. But is not turning on any of the lights. Any ideas?

I would look at your network settings on the Computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back