Marquee Lighting PC

I run a Marquee board at the theatre that I work at and have figured out that you don't mess with the lighting board or its OS but to download the up dates for the lighting softwaer are you having troulbe with the system?

Last edited:
We were just curious how to get administrator rights over the system and because one of the other people I work with wanted to install some other software on it (I don't know what software).

I am sorry but I will say it again it is a lightinging board and don't mess with it. If you want as little trouble as possible don't change it. If you changd or add other softwear you do not know what can of worms you are opening and the Verson of windows XP running in your lighting board is so stripped down it may not support the new program. You May have all ready seen that you can not update you windows, but you can up date you Marquee Operating system have you done that?

We were just curious how to get administrator rights over the system and because one of the other people I work with wanted to install some other software on it (I don't know what software).

Don't. Simple.

The Marquee and/or Marquee ILC runs off a Cybernet Zero Frootprint PC. (Or Cybernet Elite, depending on the series you have.) While this is a PC capable of running everything you need for the lighting system, it's hardly a 'high power' system, designed to multi-task while running the lights cleanly.

Many lighting consoles these days are Windows-based... Which often leads people to make the assumption that installing additional software will do no harm. Nine times out of ten, you're probably correct... However, that one time out of ten, it will bring your show to its knees at the worst possible time.

The lighting software expects to be the only thing running on the system... It's performance and operating is based around that. If you change what it expects to find, you WILL introduce instability. Period.

Also, I should mention, that even if you manage to get administrative access... (And no, the guys at Horizon Controls probably won't give you the keys nessecary) And install the software... Once you return to single-user mode, you will have no real clean way to actually run it.
The Marquee Control Panel only gives you basic Windows Explorer function. Access to the D: drive (Show Storage) not the C: Drive (Windows Partition).

I'm sorry this comes across so hard... But I think it's a lesson that needs to. If you want a PC next to your lighting console, get one.
A cheap laptop will cost you around $500 at Best Buy, or where-have-you...
A lighting console that fails in the middle of a show due to your interference, might cost you your job.

Well Said Lotus!

We are getting more and more computers in our thech booths. They should all be used for the one task they were designed for. A light board is a light board and never gets used for anything else. I have a computer with SFX to run my sound effects off of. It is not connected to the internet and all extraneous windows programs have been removed (solitaire was the first to go :rolleyes:).

Yes it's possible, but it's and extremely poor choice. Buy another computer to play games, listen to mp3's, and check your e-mail. The last thing you want is to introduce instability into a system.

Just don't do it.

I have an issue with the extended desktop feature of the Martin / Cybernet PC. We relocated our board for one show, and thought it best to just bring one of the two monitors with us. When we brought it back, for some reason the extended desk top feature stopped working. No matter what we tried we could not get it to keep that setting.

Basically its been frustrating, and after some reading on the Intel website, seem the video driver that came with the board is prone to this issue. Intel recommended upgrading the driver to a newer version.

The issue I have is, I do not have access to upgrade the drive.

Anyone have any suggestions? If the login is not avaible what other options do I have?

Thanks for advice,
Tim

I have an issue with the extended desktop feature of the Martin / Cybernet PC. We relocated our board for one show, and thought it best to just bring one of the two monitors with us. When we brought it back, for some reason the extended desk top feature stopped working. No matter what we tried we could not get it to keep that setting.

Basically its been frustrating, and after some reading on the Intel website, seem the video driver that came with the board is prone to this issue. Intel recommended upgrading the driver to a newer version.

The issue I have is, I do not have access to upgrade the drive.

Anyone have any suggestions? If the login is not avaible what other options do I have?

Thanks for advice,
Tim

The fix for the Marquee is to boot with one of the function keys held down... I assume the driver is similar... I'll check my lighting bible at work when I get in tomorrow morning, and let you know which key... Or you can just attempting booting blindly pressing (I'd advise against it...)

Our High School has a Marquee ILC - Would anyone have a student-oriented tutorial guide that you have created? We have the standard software user guide - this is more designed for as a feature by feature overview. I was hoping for a guide that walks through the process from making looks to adding cues to running the "go" show.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Clark

I feel like a Necromancer, reviving this thread from 12 years ago, almost to the day... I have this exact system, but the PC is failing. It doesn't load much of the time, so I would like to install the software on another older PC. When I emailed Pathways and got a "uhhhh, we don't do that here" response I figured I would check here. Does anyone have the Marquee PC software handy? Thanks!

I don't have a copy of the Marquee software, but I can say that our software, Cue Player Lighting. is based on the same paradigm as the Horizon for display. It may make it easy for you to transition to something that does run on Windows 11.

Oh heck yes... Do you have DropBox? If you could upload it I could immediately grab it and get it off yours so it isn't taking up space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back