Marriages

blademaster

Hey anyone got a good suggestion in miccing a bride wearing full length dress with no sash or anything with a shure wireless lapel mic

if she is wearing a hat of any kind, you could hide it in there, but if not you might be able to put it in her hair as long as it is as close to her face as possible and never forget to face the cardiod pickup towards the mouth. I almost always just put it on the face but if my croud is far away.

If you want to put it on the face, the Countryman E6 from shure is very awesome and comes in flesh tone.

It would help if you could specify what transmitter and capsule you will be using. If it's a Shure 93, 50, or 51, you could probably hide it in her dress or hairline (though if it's in the hairline and there is no strap to hide the wire under, you may have to stick the transmitter on her head). If it's a WL183/4/5, you don't really have any options to hide it - just put it on her dress.

Skitty said:
If you want to put it on the face, the Countryman E6 from shure is very awesome and comes in flesh tone.

For the record, the E6 is made by Countryman Associates, not Shure. I assume you mean an E6 with a TA4F Connector, though.

or at least im almost sure thats what it is without the paprework it a little edgy

For all of theater shows I have little pouches with elastic bands available for any one who needs it. The costumers almost never put pockets in the costumes if they don't come with them! The pouches we use are very simple to make. Put in fresh batteries, tape or lock the mic pack on and give it to her or her maid of honer an hour or so before the event. Try to make the point about no hairspray or makeup on the mic too. Make life easy for her. She has enough to worry about!

okay so you put the bodypack in the pouch but that still doesn't make any sense as to wher to put the pouch on the dress

Micing a bride for a wedding ceremony!?! (And I thought I had heard it all.)

Whatever you do, make sure all the wires, and mic, and transmitters are absolutely out of sight - I can hear the mother-of-the-bride already...

You may want to check with the bride about any tape, even medical tape - if the adhesive does in fact irritate her skin, it will be bad for later photographs that day. (I can hear the Mother-of-the-bride....)

But as legitimate suggestion (and I don't know anything about microphone systems), is it feasible to use just one microphone on the groom that will pick them both up? - he has pockets and no one really cares about him anyway. (Although it might depend on the faith and ceremony, I think most of their speaking is when side-by-side and while facing each other).

Joe

I wouldn't do it at all unless it was telivised or something. I would possibly mic the minister and rely on his/hers for the couple. It seems like a body mic would have alot of potential for screwing things up. Especially when the bride's appearence will be highly scrutinized.

Why not put the bodypack under the bride's dress? Isn't there some place on the inside that the bodypack could be clipped?

just an idea. will the bride have a bouquet of flowers? maybe hide it all in there.

get it out of there before the bouquet is tossed, or you will have an extremely expensive toss!!!!

just conceal it nearby. like a 'static' boquet of flowers. I don't think she needs a mic. too complicated. she doesn't have that many lines anyhow.

Maybe not in the bouquet - the bride usually passes that to the maid of honor at the start of the ceremony.

Under the gown? - can't be a good thing...

And I've been assuming an RCC or Protestant ceremony. I know other faiths have more movement during the ceremony and different locations for the bride and groom.

Joe

I usually wouldn't do it at all except that my pastor wanted it to be micced and well under the dress can be uncomfortable (i'd think) and i did think of that but unless you attach it to the skin or some unmentionables. But they wanted a simple wedding so there are no 'static' bouquets and i think my best bet is to go either using the pastors or miccing the groom and pumping it up when the bride spoeaks

Now that I think of it I miced the officiant at my wedding. In your case I would put a mic on the groom and the pastor. Just bring up the one that she is close to. Also how about an area mic?

As far as the pouch goes, it has elastic bands that keep it in place. Usually around the torso and the pack sits in the small of the back. It goes on just after the undergarments and before the dress.

area mics pick up alot of background and ambient noise, they alos have a tendancy to produce alot of backfeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back