Martin Atomic 3000

Found it! :D

Here is a bigger pic for the next searcher,

Martin Atomic 3000 - Schematic.jpg

Sorry to necro such an old thread, just wanted to ask. Some people earlier discussed running a MAX-15 lamp meant for 208 on 120v. Assuming I flip the PL113 jumper on the board, can I do this without risking burning anything up? Everywhere I look, the US lamp holders are ~$100 for a pair. I'd rather not spend that, plus the price of a lamp, on something that will be half as bright when I already have a Dataflash AF1000.

From what I remember you really won't be happy with the output of the MAX-15 lamp on 120v. Back when I was working in a rental shop we were changing our Atomics over between 120 and 208 operation (edison to twist, lamp brackets, lamps, and jumpers on the motherboard) which means drilling out rivets and keeping double inventory of lamps, but the only real way to keep clients happy was to have the right lamp (Max 7 or Max 15) matched to the requested operating voltage.

From the Atomic 3000 manual: "The MAX-15 model will in theory accept AC power from 125 to 250 volts, but for optimum light output we only approve use with power rated from 200 to 240 volts nominal." There is no mention of changing the PL113 jumper, which IMHO implies that the jumper should correspond to the lamp type, not the mains voltage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back