Martin console help

Scibby

Can anyone tell me how to use the different types of cuelist types effectively in a Martin console? I have an M2GO and just when I think I understand cuelists, submasters, inhibitives and overrides, I try to program them and they just don't work the way I think they should.

Any tips appreciated :)

What are you trying to do with them? The mains ones to be concerned with are Cuelists, Overrides, and Chases.

Cuelists are you generic get everything done ones, great for color toggles, scenes, theater cuestacks, song Cuelists.

Overrides are there to take priority over everything, control FX speed, or make a certain scene appear no matter what.

Chases are to make something happen over and over again, easy to use

Timecode cuelists are the same as Cuelists just can use timecode.

Inhibitives act as a grand master for any specific fixtures.

Submaster control Intensity only! They're great for my house lighting and key lighting that I want to know for sure will turn on if I turn on that submaster.

Just start playing with them, you just have to keep in mind that you stack Cuelists and everything to get the looks and control you want. It is a stacking and a priority system.

For any more M-Series questions, there is a great and active Facebook group.

Additionally to above, the Overrides crossfade everything if they're on a fader. Like a "Temp" fader in MA or Crossfade IFCB on the older hogs or Fader Mode 2 in Avo. This is really useful if you put something like move FX speed on there for a group of lights.

The facebook group mentioned above: https://www.facebook.com/groups/martin.mseries - it's a fantastic resource and I go there whenever I have more complex questions I can't figure out myself. Great community that does a good job helping each other out.

After 4 years of programming on Martin consoles I've never found overrides or inhibits to work in a predictable way. Once programmed they tend to always do the same thing, so my advice is to try what you think will work and see what happens. If it works out record it and it should be repeatable.

Note: I'm not a fan of these consoles, but I tried to keep my cynicism to a minimum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back