Martin Light Jockey Help

seg

Hi,

I created a 3 sequences with 3 steps/scenes each.

I created a new cue, and added each sequence to the cue and saved it.

In the cue manager, I see the 3 sequences, and the first one says (Scene) 1:3, 2:3, 3:3, then it goes back to 1:3 and goes through the loop all over again.

The other thing is I don't see any output from my lights either. They work when I edit a sequence, but not when running a cue. A

Any ideas?

Thanks!

What I want to do:
Take all of the sequences in my cue and loop them forever (one at a time) until I change a cue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I created a 3 sequences with 3 steps/scenes each.

I created a new cue, and added each sequence to the cue and saved it.

In the cue manager, I see the 3 sequences, and the first one says (Scene) 1:3, 2:3, 3:3, then it goes back to 1:3 and goes through the loop all over again.

The other thing is I don't see any output from my lights either. They work when I edit a sequence, but not when running a cue.

To make sure we're on the same page:
A SCENE is a single lighting action.
One or more scenes can be combined to make a SEQUENCE.
One or more sequences can be run simultaneously in CUE or BACKGROUND CUE. A background cue will take precedence over a cue.

If you have multiple sequences in a cue, LJ uses "highest takes precedence" and follows the actions of the sequence in the highest slot. For example:

Sequence in cue slot 1: dimmer 1 on at 100%

Sequence in cue slot 2: dimmer 1 on at 50%

Sequence in cue slot 3: dimmer 1 at 0%

Then dimmer 1 will be at 0% until something is loaded into the cue in cue slot #4 or higher.

If each sequence has multiple scenes (as yours do) then the dmx value in the highest cue slot at any given time will take precedence.

What I want to do:
Take all of the sequences in my cue and loop them forever (one at a time) until I change a cue.

You don't use a cue for that, use a CUE LIST. Basically, you save each sequence in a separate cue.

Then, put each cue in order in a cue list (it's the bar marked C/L). You can set the way the list advances to either manual, or after a certain duration, etc. It's in the help file. For more information, try here http://www.ukslc.org/articles/monthly_features.html

So... are you saying that you would have all three sequences in one cue running in continuous loops automatically, and you would like to have one of the three visible, then switch to another, then switch to a third?

Or

You would like all three sequences sitting idle, and you manually advance sequence 1 through its 3 scenes, then manually advance sequence 2 through its three scenes, then manually advance sequence 3 through its 3 scenes?

Just trying to grasp your overall goal.

So... are you saying that you would have all three sequences in one cue running in continuous loops automatically, and you would like to have one of the three visible, then switch to another, then switch to a third?

Or

You would like all three sequences sitting idle, and you manually advance sequence 1 through its 3 scenes, then manually advance sequence 2 through its three scenes, then manually advance sequence 3 through its 3 scenes?

Just trying to grasp your overall goal.

Hi,

As far as definitions in your last post, we are on the same page.

I created a cue with 3 sequences. I want to run sequence 1, after it is done, then sequence 2 will run, after it has ran then sequence 3 will run. Then back to 1 and loop until I change the cue.

The way it's set up now:
I'm monitering the cue as it runs the way it is. Sequence 1 and sequence 2 are firing simultaneously.

How can I get them to run one at a time?

Would creating a cuelist, and firing an item from the list, loop the cue forever until I change it to anther one?

Thank you very much!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back