Martin MAc 250 Protective Doves

Sam Cash

Hi,
I work in a school and the main hall doubles as a sporting hall. We have a crappy lighting bar with some dodgy old pars above the stage and are forever breaking due to ball hitting them. I want to put 2 Martin Mac 250 Krypton and 2 Generic Wash mover up there but I need some kind of protective case to put over them and need it as cheap as possible. If anyone could suggest something it would be a life save. :)

I don't know if I'd go for cheap with the cages being above kids' heads. I do know that you can order custom lighting cages that could protect the PARs and the movers. I helped install custom fabricated lighting cages for a community center once - they fit right over the lighting positions and had a door in the front that folded down to access the lights for focusing. They were made out of metal mesh and steel angle iron by a certified welder and were engineered for the installation. Very sturdy and safe to put over kids' heads. Be sure to investigate any liability issues in building things yourself before if you decided to go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back