Martin Mini-Mac Wash

DJErik07

Just wondering about what peoples opinions are on the Martin Mini-Mac Wash fixture. What are the benefits, downfalls, and price-to-features ratio. Basically I just want to know if this fixture is worth purchasing if I dont have enough $$ for a "full" Martin fixture. Thanks

its a great fixture if you have a really short throw, but since its a 150 watt lamp, you can depend on it for anything very big. I personally used the profiles as ground units for a show i worked on (theatre, not concert). since it was dance, and they worked well, but as i said, they cannot be a big throw.

They are great for clubs. there not so great for theatre. i have said this before and ill say it now. dont spend the money wait the extra months or the year and buy what you really want / need like some mac250 entours now that is a usfull light. if you buy these now what your doing is making it a longer period before you get the lights your really want and the mini macs arent going to do what you want.

if memory serves me they dont even pan or tilt they have to be moved manualy.

JH

no, they move via dmx, considering that the manual has dmx channels for pan and tilt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back