Automated Fixtures Martin Professional Quality today???

DMXUser

I've worked with Martin fixtures for a long time, (so long ago when they we made in Denmark) when you could call Martin 24/7 and get an EXPERIENCED TECHNICIAN call you back and work through issues with you.

I've noticed that both Martin's Customer Service and Quality have degradated.

I've also recently received several of their RUSH Moving Heads and they were DOA out of the box(MH3s).

Anyone else experience this?

The rush fixture line is totally a chinese manufacture, low end aimed fixture line. They are not made at the same quality as Martin's professional line fixtures. Since the acquisition by Samsung, Harman and Martin have been doing a heck of a lot of consolidation. Parts for the US are now all shipped out of Mexico instead of Elkhart, Florida, or California. I've been riding them about the tech support line, as that has showed a significant slowdown with all this happening.

Martin's professional line, however, has been rock solid for all current generation fixtures. I haven't had any trouble getting parts or performing service. They show the same problems as most modern fixtures. Power supplies fail more often than anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back