Martin RoboColor III's Personality

I've been trying too but I am new to using the editor and don't know if the one I created is working. Can't seem to get console to talk with the fixtures.

Menir

I've been trying too but I am new to using the editor and don't know if the one I created is working. Can't seem to get console to talk with the fixtures.
Menir
Console don't really talk to the fixtures, they more yell something out and hope that it listens. Can you hard capture the dimmer(s) that you have the fixture addressed to and get anything to move? Do you have your ports set up correctly? Etc....

I have everything working when in "auto" mode but when I try and control with the console it doesn't want to "play". My guess is that I either don't have it patched correctly or I don't have a working cable. Knowing my luck, it is probably my terminator!!:grin:

Have you by chance used these lights before and if so with what type of control?

Menir

I have seen them used a truss toners in the past, but I personally have never used them. I would take a 2nd look at your patching and your profile for the fixture. You might also want to take a look at running it without a profile and patching it to individual channels that you can control off of subs.

thanks for the suggestions. I'll let you know how things turn out when I get to it in the next couple of weeks. Have to finish out the semester first.

Menir:mrgreen:

I've had phase problems in the past with martin fixtures. You might find that is the issue.

I have used them on a MLC16. Have you used them before? They may be setup to take martins protocol instead of DMX. Martin protocol reverses pins 2 and 3 so that 3 is hot and 2 is ground. Also you need to make sure you have the dip switches set properly. you could be one channel off or something like that. Also try not using the terminator and see if things start to work. I really dont use terminators very often.

I have used them on a MLC16. Have you used them before? They may be setup to take martins protocol instead of DMX. Martin protocol reverses pins 2 and 3 so that 3 is hot and 2 is ground. Also you need to make sure you have the dip switches set properly. you could be one channel off or something like that. Also try not using the terminator and see if things start to work. I really dont use terminators very often.

I think your right on the pin reverse thing. I remember hearing that issue awhile back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back