Martin Rush Par 2 Noise

Footer

Senior Team
Senior Team
Premium Member
Was looking at picking up a half dozen Rush Par 2's for our smaller room. We had a dozen of these units in last week for a rental and they produced a rather loud noise that seemed to be all above 4k. Really annoying. Vendor for that rental tends to do mostly outdoor stuff that lasts for days so I assume these fixtures had been rained on and filled with dust. Is this noise in all the units when new?

I've rented Rush Par 2 Zoom's twice and both times they made a grating noise whenever the zoom was adjusted. If you're talking about general background noise I can't remember anything in particular that stood out aside from the grating whenever it zoomed.

I've worked with Rash PAR 2's on numerous occasions, both new and used. Out of the box, they generate a high-pitched whine when the zoom is run forward or back. I don't think it's in the 4k range, but haven't run them while with a meter to be more specific than "high-pitched."

I've worked with Rash PAR 2's on numerous occasions, both new and used. Out of the box, they generate a high-pitched whine when the zoom is run forward or back. I don't think it's in the 4k range, but haven't run them while with a meter to be more specific than "high-pitched."

This was constant, zooming or not. Looks like I should be OK here.

I have 16 Rush PAR 2 Zooms here. They're dead quiet when not zooming.
The Rush MH6, which is the same unit with Pan & tilt, does have a constant high pitched whine, which is very annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back