Maryland job posting for Summer 2020

JimOC_1

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the best place to post this.
A teacher at one of the schools I volunteer for asked if I could pass along this notice. I’ve not worked with him, or this organization, so I cannot say anything about the position or the quality of the group.

"I am looking for a Technical Director for my summer production of Macbeth. I need someone who can build and would be willing to go on tour in the month of July. It is basically a full-time gig at $25 an hour for the month of July. If you know anyone who would be interested in working with a local touring company, please let me know.
Below is the job description. This is through the Maryland National Capital Parks and Planning Commission."

Technical Director
Prince George’s Shakespeare in the Parks is looking for a Technical Director to join us for our 8th season. Our 2020 summer production of Macbeth will be touring Prince George’s and Montgomery County from July 6-26. Our tour travels with two trucks to various parks, community centers, theatres, and nature Centers. Our first preview will be Monday July 6th and the tour will conclude on July 26th. We currently have 14 shows schedule, with the potential to add two more. The Technical Director will have the following responsibilities.
• Driving a truck to the venue at call time and returning it in the evening.
• Constructing the set in a different location every performance night.
• Organizing breakdown with the Company manager and strategically packing the truck at the conclusion of the show.
• Turning in a timecard to stage management for hours worked on tour.
• Assisting the Lighting Director and Sound Tech.
• The Technical Director will be available to assist in building the set before the tour begins. The set has already been designed from stock pieces, therefore the only building necessary will be repairs and painting 4x8 platforms, 12’ back walls, legs, step units and other specialty platforms.
Compensation:
• Starting at 25$ per hour. (38 hour work week for 4 weeks, plus hours in the shop).
• Must turn in a time card to Stage Management
• Generous budget for repairs and aesthetic alterations to the set.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back