Material Help

Thank you for that link Phil. I'm a big fan but hadn't come across that one.
Shows your age don't it. "Sigh"

yeah glue looks like the solution we will have to go with

i will post on this again after we have done it so you can all have a look at the final product

yeah glue looks like the solution we will have to go with

i will post on this again after we have done it so you can all have a look at the final product

I can't wait to see what it looks like. sounds like it'll be a really lovely visual.

here it is

enjoy

Attachments

• CB cloth.jpg
    CB cloth.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 207
funny you say that... it's meant to be a tree
last year it was a forest of wood using rope and this year it's four peices of cloth

Yeah It's great. Looks a hell of a lot like what we did a few years ago for "A Walk in The Woods". And we spent a fortune on that doing it the hard way.

It involved chicken wire, papier mache, and camouflage nets. Oh and a small nervous breakdown from me.

Was that a question or a statement. Indeed we did have trouble with the paper sticking to the wire. It did happen though. You sort of make the first layer of paper so wet it acts like a thick paste and then build on top. It takes for ever and the nets cost a fortune and weren't flame proof. You'd think something the army uses in combat would be inherently flame resistent wouldn't you? Of course it probably is now. It wasn't then. And I know it was the real thing cos we borrowed it from the army. It cost a fortune cos we had to pay for it after we had to flame proof it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back