Matrix dmx dimmer packs

One of my pet peaves is the confusing use of "channel" even in just lighting. A DMX channel is not usually the same as a console channel. They used to be

If you are using the ADJ DMX Operator Pro, it's capable of fixtures that use several addresses. So you have to "patch" to tell the console what you want. The manual https://www.adj.com/dmx-operator-pro says on page 10, that dimmer packs have to be addressed beteen 129 and 136 and it automatically patches to the dimmer only faders.

Most other consoles have you set what address(es) you want on channel 9.

Does that help?

I run par 56 par cans with matrix dmx dimmer pack i have an american dj dmx pro controdller i want to put the par cans on channels 9-16 how do i address the pack
I may be missing some thing here. But if you want to control all the lamps independently - your Matrix dimmer pack only handles 4 right? So set the 1st dimmer to 9 (1001000001) The 10th bit, if there is one, is to tell the packer to dim as opposed switch. The other 9 are the DMX512 address. That'll look after lamps 9, 10, 11 and 12. You would need to set up the next pack to 13 (1011000001) for the next four (13, 14, 15, 16).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back